Saving/clipping animated GIFs to EN

mkraft77

Idea

Can one 'clip' (or otherwise 'save') an animated GIF (e.g., one that you see in a tweet) and create an Evernote note for it, or insert it into an existing note, with animation intact? 

If so, how is it done (on a Mac)?

Thanks.

8 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  There's not that many ways to copy / d&d / clip an image into a note,  so you could always check for yourself.  I tried in Windows (W10, EN6.3.3) and drag n drop from a web page gave me a static image,  where saving the file to my desktop and then d&d into a note produced movement - of a sort.  It wasn't exactly smooth or quick.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, mkraft77 said:

Thanks.  That's usually the problem -- i.e., the animation is lost or 'crippled.'

I think you're actually pulling whichever image from the set happens to be visible when you first click.  Saving to file preserves the whole set of images,  then all of it goes into the note.  It doesn't work that well in desktop Evernote,  haven't tried it on the website,  or as a shared public link. 

Animated gif notes are extremely useful for programmers!

Especially for documenting bugs/behavior.

Trello has supported gifs in trello cards for quite a while, and I use them instead of screenshots wherever possible.

Would certainly appreciate it if Evernote got on board. 

• Level 5*
On 5/11/2017 at 8:45 AM, Sethicus said:

Animated gif notes are extremely useful

I agree, they are useful for many purposes.

@Evernote, please add this feature.

I just upvoted this suggestion/request at the top  of this topic.  If you want this feature, please upvote.