FEATURE REQUEST - PDF scaling into Grid

I would like to be able to insert a table into my note, and insert and PDF print out into one of those grids. 

Here is a practical example: 

For school, I need to read through a lot of studies that are provided by my professor in PDF format. I would like to create a table with 2 columns and 1 row. In the left hand column, I can insert the PDF and have it visible in print out format. In the right hand column, I can keep notes about the PDF.

I can definitely do this in 2 notes and have them side by side on my screen, but it is much better for me to keep my notes and source materials in a single note. 

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, rechnergott said:

I would like to be able to insert a table into my note, and insert and PDF print out into one of those grids. 

Thanks for the idea - this works fantastic on my Mac
It might be different in Windows - Evernote Mac has a built in pdf viewer

It scrolls up/down though; 20 page PDF results in 20 pages of notes

I'd probably use the two window approach for long PDFs 

So I just tested this and it seems like an inconsistency between Mac and Windows note editing windows. 

On the Mac - the behavior is as expected - the doc scales within the column. However, in windows, the PDF preview generates on top of the Grid. 

Screenshots here of differences. 

So is this a bug? I don't know what to do with this information now! 

Screen Shot 2016-10-08 at 8.35.05 AM.png

ScreenClip.png

• Level 5*
9 minutes ago, rechnergott said:

So I just tested this and it seems like an inconsistency between Mac and Windows note editing windows. 

On the Mac - the behavior is as expected - the doc scales within the column. However, in windows, the PDF preview generates on top of the Grid. 

Screenshots here of differences. 

So is this a bug? I don't know what to do with this information now! 

I have the same issue on my IPad.  It's not a bug, just a different pdf viewer setup.

My solution has been to use two windows; one to view the pdf, one for my notes.

The pdf is stored as an attachment in the note; I open it in Adobe for the separate window

Archived