show multipage pdf as single page slide show

I'm uploading my lecture notes and making notes above them but currently evernote displays every page of the pdf below each other. This takes up a lot of space and makes it awkward to write around. I've seen someone import a multipage pdf where just a single page is displayed and you can flip through them horizontally like a slideshow. Does anyone know how to do this, do i need to convert it to another format or something? It just makes it easier to keep the notes concise. Thanks

• Level 5*

I assume you;re using a Mac.  For some reason Macs display all pages,  while Windows machines display the page-at-a-time view you mention.  If you have access to a Windows device,  that would be great.  If not,  then saving each page of a document to a separate note ('export to JPG') might be an option.

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, alb12322 said:

I'm uploading my lecture notes and making notes above them but currently evernote displays every page of the pdf below each other. This takes up a lot of space and makes it awkward to write around. I've seen someone import a multipage pdf where just a single page is displayed and you can flip through them horizontally like a slideshow. Does anyone know how to do this, do i need to convert it to another format or something? It just makes it easier to keep the notes concise. Thanks

Someone just posted an excellent idea of inserting the pdf into a two column grid; pdf on the left, notes on the right
This worked great on my Mac

1 hour ago, gazumped said:

I assume you;re using a Mac.  For some reason Macs display all pages,  while Windows machines display the page-at-a-time view you mention.  If you have access to a Windows device,  that would be great.  If not,  then saving each page of a document to a separate note ('export to JPG') might be an option.

oh damn that explains it, yeah i'm on a mac.. that's unfortunate..

1 minute ago, DTLow said:

Someone just posted an excellent idea of inserting the pdf into a two column grid; pdf on the left, notes on the right
This worked great on my Mac

A table sounds good for single page pdf's to keep them organised, but my lecture notes are upwards of 20 individual pages, so might take too long to go through the notes if they stretch over such a distance.. 

• Level 5*
11 minutes ago, alb12322 said:

A table sounds good for single page pdf's to keep them organised, but my lecture notes are upwards of 20 individual pages, so might take too long to go through the notes if they stretch over such a distance.. 

Right - the notes would also stretch 20 pages

Also mentioned was two Windows, side by side.  This works well on my Mac and iPad. 

10 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Right - the notes would also stretch 20 pages

Also mentioned was two Windows, side by side.  This works well on my Mac and iPad. 

do you mean with the multipage pdf in one and notes in the other? I think if i make really long notes' that's what i'll do, otherwise i'll just bite the bullet and put them above it. 

• 1 year later...
  • Level 5*
On 23/03/2018 at 9:52 AM, hamimi said:

Yep. I wish this function the pdf view of windows was the same as Macs. I'm tempted in quiting evernote premium. For me its a make or break feature. 

Things have changed since 2016 - Windows PDFs display pretty much the same as Mac (AFAIK).  What's your specific issue?

Archived