using intitle: without having to type it every time

When searching, I prefer to search the title rather than the body of my files. It seems cumbersome to have to type " intitle:" for each search.

I tried saving a search with intitle: as the query but when I select it from the saved search list it is ignored. If I save intitle:xx  Evernote searches for xx but doesn't let me change the the search string.

Am I missing something?

• Level 5*

Hi.  You can't save part of a search to complete later,  but you could create a new note with "intitle:" and a few of the variations you use most commonly and simply cut/ paste into the search box - effectively your own bespoke saved search.  Or you could use a text expander like Phrase Express to convert a key combination into your preferred phrases.  PE can be set up to print a variable phrase - i.e. it pauses for your input and then completes a process,  so you might be able to set it up to open the search box,  add "intitle:" wait for you to add a keyword and then complete the search;  the whole operation in one keypress.

• Level 5*

Yeah per @gazumped PhraseExpress is a good utility for this.  Below is what a PhraseExpress hotkey looks like for just this condition, created it when I had the same need.  So type the text, hit Shift-Alt-I and the search happens.

ScreenClip.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

If you do a simple search,  Evernote will check both titles and content,  and -if you're a paid tier member- the content of any attachments,  for matches to your search. 

Intitle: is useful for people like me who use keywords and dates in titles - it means I avoid false positives from my content.  With 23K notes I would get a lot of false positives.

Archived