Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Windows

Fillable form

evernote

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 poopsie

poopsie

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 09:13 PM

I am an instructor and am using EN to encrypt and store my students notes. At the end of the semester I administer a test that I then take all the notes for them on. What I want to do is have a form that I can fill out then save for each student. I tried to create a fillable PDF using Scribus, but when imported I was not able to click on any of the Text boxes. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can accomplish this?

I really don't want to use a template from Word where it can be edited. I really just want to have something that says Name: ___________________ and only be able to fill in where the line is. Thanks!

#2 jefito

jefito

• Title: Evangelist / Moderator
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 10,746 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 09:30 PM

Would the Copy Note facility be helpful? You create a template note, including prefilled-in content, tags, title, etc, and then use Copy Note to make a copy of it in whatever notebook you like.
~Jeff
EVERNOTE: Getting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Support Requests | Best Practices for submitting a support request
If someone helped you, or you like or agree with someone's post, let them (and us) know by clicking their post's "Like" button.

#3 BurgersNFries

BurgersNFries

• Title: Moderator
  • 12,146 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 09:49 PM

I really just want to have something that says Name: ___________________ and only be able to fill in where the line is. Thanks!

EN does not support "fillable forms" with text boxes & protected text (IE text box descriptions such as "Name", "phone number", etc.).
I'm not affiliated with Evernote. Evernote is an integral part of my life.

Submit support requests toward the bottom of the help/support page here. If you do not receive an auto reply email with a case #, it did NOT get submitted. Premium users will receive a reply within one business day, California time. Free users receive a reply as time permits.

#4 JMichael

JMichael

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Title: Explorer
  • 2,344 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:01 PM

I tried to create a fillable PDF using Scribus, but when imported I was not able to click on any of the Text boxes. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can accomplish this?

You may need to open the PDF file in Scribus, Adobe Acrobat Reader, or other PDF reader in order for the form to work properly.
Just double-click, or right-click and select open, on the PDF file in the Note to open.

#5 poopsie

poopsie

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:50 AM

Well I guess you can't have it all, even tho EN is about as close to all as I can get ;). Thanks for the help!

#6 Mike D

Mike D

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:34 PM

EN is missing the boat on this one, since the whole concept is about mobility they should include a forms builder with rudimentary data export in excel so that the mobile work force can gather information about their clients such as (Contacts, billing contacts, type of service needed, building type, systems type etc) this would be very powerful with the voice notes and picture saving abilities. If this were possible than than EN could also be used for inspections such as (building, management companies, maintenance, Fire Alarm etc).

#7 jefito

jefito

• Title: Evangelist / Moderator
  • 10,746 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:22 PM

They may be missing that boat intentionally. I'm not sure that it's their aim to provide form-builder software, though that sure sounds like a swell idea for some third-party development effort. That's what the API is for, after all...
~Jeff
EVERNOTE: Getting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Support Requests | Best Practices for submitting a support request
If someone helped you, or you like or agree with someone's post, let them (and us) know by clicking their post's "Like" button.

#8 Hussein

Hussein

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:37 PM

Hi guys,
I think you guys would really like KustomNote.com. It does exactly that. I have created http://kustomnote.com. for Evernote, its a web app that allows you to create note templates, pick a theme, send email reminders and pre-define the fields to be used with different types like date, numbers, files, even movies and music and Google Contacts.

Please check it out and I'd be more than happy to help with anything,
- Hussein

#9 VOS Debbie

VOS Debbie

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 01:11 PM

Hussein - I'm interested in the security of my evernote information if your app requires access to all my information in evernote. Can I put limitations on access of just a specific folder?

#10 gmn216

gmn216

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 07:26 AM

Poopsie:

Posted 06 February 2012 - 02:13 PM

I am an instructor and am using EN to encrypt and store my students notes. At the end of the semester I administer a test that I then take all the notes for them on. What I want to do is have a form that I can fill out then save for each student. I tried to create a fillable PDF using Scribus, but when imported I was not able to click on any of the Text boxes. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can accomplish this?

I really don't want to use a template from Word where it can be edited. I really just want to have something that says Name: ___________________ and only be able to fill in where the line is. Thanks! 
--------------------------------------------------------------
I hope it is not too late, but I may have a solution for you.

#11 BurgersNFries

BurgersNFries

• Title: Moderator
  • 12,146 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:03 AM

Poopsie:
Posted 06 February 2012 - 02:13 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------
I hope it is not too late, but I may have a solution for you.

???
I'm not affiliated with Evernote. Evernote is an integral part of my life.

Submit support requests toward the bottom of the help/support page here. If you do not receive an auto reply email with a case #, it did NOT get submitted. Premium users will receive a reply within one business day, California time. Free users receive a reply as time permits.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote