Snapping a photo of text to edit in note??

newbie123

Hello - I'm hoping there's a simple way to do this... I'm reading a book I'd like quote. It would be easier to take a photo of the text in the book and create a note that I can then copy and paste the text from the hard copy book into my document than to have to transcribe word for word the text from the image to the doc... Is there a way to capture text from a physical book and turn it into editable text--not annotated-- in Evernote? Thanks so much!! I'm writing a book and this would be a major time saver. - Newbie.

• Level 5*
On September 2, 2016 at 6:13 AM, newbie123 said:

Hello - I'm hoping there's a simple way to do this... I'm reading a book I'd like quote. It would be easier to take a photo of the text in the book and create a note that I can then copy and paste the text from the hard copy book into my document than to have to transcribe word for word the text from the image to the doc... Is there a way to capture text from a physical book and turn it into editable text--not annotated-- in Evernote? Thanks so much!! I'm writing a book and this would be a major time saver. - Newbie.

EN has an OCR feature, but its only for search purposes

You would need to look at a third party product, for example Abbyy

• Level 5
2 hours ago, newbie123 said:

Welcome to the forum, newbie123! (We were all newbies once!) As @DTLow says, Evernote doesn't include this capability itself, so you have to use a separate app. Abbyy is great, but it's pricey and you have to have the image on your computer, not your phone. I've had good results doing what you describe on my phone with Text Fairy, which is free and very simple to use. You can actually photograph the text within Text Fairy, tweak a setting or two, and it will process the text quickly, then give you options to share (to Evernote, for instance), copy to clipboard, etc.

Archived