Moving+Evernote+FIles,+AGAIN+and+AGAIN

I just updated W7 Evernote on my PC. As is always the case, I used the admin account for the update to the latest version. Then I went back to ONE of the 'normal user" accouonts where I use Evernote. So far, my Evernote files have been moved TWICE, (from user to admin, then from admin back to user). HOW many times will this happen? Every that I use Evernot under a different user on my PC? This looks like a major FAIL in anticipating how your users behave. 

The database is stored on a per-Windows-user basis. There is no way to move all user databases at the same time. Windows does not allow that. (It would be a major security issue). So when you updated on the admin account, it did not move from user-to-admin - it moved the admins local copies from %LOCALAPPDATA%\Evernote to %USERPROFILE%\Evernote. So the database move will happen for each Windows user that you log in.

This does not seem to address what I am talking about. There is only ONE user database, which is for ME! This did not happen until version 6.2.4. Do you understand the changes with the most recent version? But here's some good news: When I signed into ME on Evernote, but under USER2 W7 account, Evernote didn't move the data from USER1 to USER2. I have not yet signed into the ADMIN(only one of these W7 accounts) yet. Maybe things have settled down?

Maybe I misunderstood you - I thought you said you logged in with your Windows admin account, updated EN and then logged in with your Windows-other-user account. In this case, you have 2 EN databases - and the database move code will trigger in both (the number of Evernote accounts does not matter in this case). The only way you can have a single database between multiple Windows accounts is to move the database to a custom location - then our move code will not do anything. (However setting up the 2nd Windows account to point to the new custom location requires registry hacking - you cannot do it thru the options dialog since that will see a database already there and complain)

• emerick changed the title to Moving+Evernote+FIles,+AGAIN+and+AGAIN

Archived