View Shortcuts List in Sidebar is missing

• Level 5*
On 2016-08-03 at 3:51 PM, kjebbia said:

The new sidebar with only icons is beautiful.  But how am I supposed to view my list of shortcuts?  Can't even find it in the menu options.

If you're only seeing icons, you've reduced the width of the sidebar to its minimum value.
You need to make the width wider as per @macfixer  this is done by dragging the sidebar of the shortcut area

• 2 months later...

That is SO stupid.  I've wasted so much time trying to figure this out.  There is NOTHING in the help, and NO setting for the shortcuts.  It's one of the most essential features of evernote on other devices.  And now, as usual, I forgot what I was going to write in evernote, because I've spent my time fighting with evernote. 

• Level 5*
15 minutes ago, zebu fleckvieh said:

That is SO stupid.  I've wasted so much time trying to figure this out.  There is NOTHING in the help, and NO setting for the shortcuts.  It's one of the most essential features of evernote on other devices.  

Do you need assistance?Screen Shot 2016-10-20 at 12.20.37 PM.png
As per the above notes, the sidebar can be expanded to show more detail.
Use View > Sidebar Options to indicate what details are displayed

• 1 month later...

I agree with Zebu.    

The problem is that when the width of the sidebar is shrunk,  you only see the icons.  When you click on View/Sidebar Options, it does not give "shortcuts."    

I found shortcuts really useful and have many.   However, after I rebooted last night EN came up with with a shrunken sidebar.  

I went to Sidebar Options and there was no  Shortcuts option.  That is how I remembered getting it initially.    So I then  tried everywhere else to get it.  I did a lot of searching. I  re-read a lot of the materials but there was no Shortcuts option there.  I finally found this note thread  buried away.

Let me be clear. It is NOT INTUITIVE  that if you expand the size of a sidebar that more options will appear under View/ Sidebar Options.  

And in a related issue, I used to have my recent notes listed in the sidebar.  However, when i go to View/Sidebar Options, Recent Notes appears but it is grayed out and I can't select it.  And this time I expanded the size of the sidebar a lot.

I just want it back to the way it was before I rebooted.

• Level 5*
21 hours ago, Murray E said:

I agree with Zebu.    

The problem is that when the width of the sidebar is shrunk,  you only see the icons.  When you click on View/Sidebar Options, it does not give "shortcuts."    

I found shortcuts really useful and have many.   However, after I rebooted last night EN came up with with a shrunken sidebar.  

I went to Sidebar Options and there was no  Shortcuts option.  That is how I remembered getting it initially.    So I then  tried everywhere else to get it.  I did a lot of searching. I  re-read a lot of the materials but there was no Shortcuts option there.  I finally found this note thread  buried away.

Let me be clear. It is NOT INTUITIVE  that if you expand the size of a sidebar that more options will appear under View/ Sidebar Options.  

And in a related issue, I used to have my recent notes listed in the sidebar.  However, when i go to View/Sidebar Options, Recent Notes appears but it is grayed out and I can't select it.  And this time I expanded the size of the sidebar a lot.

I just want it back to the way it was before I rebooted.

It would help if you post a screenshot of your current sidebar

• 2 months later...

thanks guys!   this is something that has been bugging me for awhile on my EN laptop mac version.   on my mac mini EN app not an issue.   thought maybe I had diff versions between the 2 (not the case).   came here from a google and found that my sidebar was too narrow to show the shortcuts as recent notes which I've come to count on.   the puzzling part was the popup menu in "View -> Sidebar Options" did not even SHOW it.   a better option in my view would be to have to have the "Shortcuts" and "Recent Notes" show up in the menu and then if the user selects one of them, then force the sidebar to grow.   JIMO.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • Level 5*
16 hours ago, Nigel Cheshire said:

Please find a way to enable it when the sidebar is in "shrunken" mode!

How will you be able to see the list if you're in  "shrunken" mode!

You have to unshrink the sidebar by grabbing the sidebar and pull to the right

• 1 month later...

Archived