Edward D

View number of notes tagged in active notebook

I came across TSW today and it seems to be a pretty solid fit for my workflow but there's one deal breaker for me. I want to, at a glance, see how many notes are pending in each tag ie once I've moved it into completed I don't want it to be included in the totals when I've selected the pending notebook.

Is this possible, or is there a workaround that I can implement?

Thanks and sorry if this is ridiculously obvious!

On May 6, 2016 at 10:18 AM, Edward D said:

I came across TSW today and it seems to be a pretty solid fit for my workflow but there's one deal breaker for me. I want to, at a glance, see how many notes are pending in each tag ie once I've moved it into completed I don't want it to be included in the totals when I've selected the pending notebook.

Is this possible, or is there a workaround that I can implement?

Thanks and sorry if this is ridiculously obvious!

Not sure what your exact organiztion structure is, but on my Mac, I see notebook counts, tag counts and when I run a search I see number of notes extracted.

Its not "at a glance", but you could use shortcuts to saved searches; you have to run the search to get the count.
If this was an ongoing requirement, I would look at scripting (Mac/Applescript) to produce the a counts list.

Thanks DTLow that might be a pretty good work around actually, although I'll have to wait until they put saved searches back into the win client (I think). 

You can get an at a glance view if you prefix your tags and use the tag picker, click on the tag select icon or Shift-Alt-T or Alt-F2, in all notes context.  For example, I use ! as a prefix to my TSW tags and the image below displays what I see when doing this.  Also, saved searches appear with Alt-F3.

ScreenClip.png