Archieving of online post I write into an Evernote notebook

I use Firefox. When I write a post that I consider valuable I often use Evernote webclipper to achieve it. That takes manual effort. I would like automatic achieving of everything I write online besides Passwords/Logins to be saved in an Evernote notebook (not my main notebook).

Given that I sometimes lose posts I write online when Firefox crashes it would especially be useful for Evernote to also save drafts of posts I write.

Is there a third-party service that would help with my desire? Otherwise I think it would be valuable for Evernote to integrate it because being the digital brain is Evernote's core function and lots of people would find it useful. It could also be a good Evernote Plus feature.

Once the feature is build, there could be an additional feature that alerts me within Evernote when a post I wrote good a reply. Of course only for those forum well-structured to allow an automated spidering that sees whether a reply was made.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, ChristianK said:

I use Firefox. When I write a post that I consider valuable I often use Evernote webclipper to achieve it. That takes manual effort. I would like automatic achieving of everything I write online besides Passwords/Logins to be saved in an Evernote notebook (not my main notebook).

Given that I sometimes lose posts I write online when Firefox crashes it would especially be useful for Evernote to also save drafts of posts I write.

Is there a third-party service that would help with my desire? Otherwise I think it would be valuable for Evernote to integrate it because being the digital brain is Evernote's core function and lots of people would find it useful. It could also be a good Evernote Plus feature.

Once the feature is build, there could be an additional feature that alerts me within Evernote when a post I wrote good a reply. Of course only for those forum well-structured to allow an automated spidering that sees whether a reply was made.

Is your request specific to this forum? Or is it a general request for anything you write online?

I'm not aware of anything specific to Evernote, and suspect this would be a huge mass of data

For  this forum, have you looked at the email notification feature? These could be automatically directed into Evernote.

You're not going to have Evernote update you as to comments made in any of your posts... but... if you're willing to change up blogging platforms, Postach.io is the Evernote-based blogging platform that allows you to publish any of your notes by tagging them with "Published". They integrate the "Disqus" commenting platform and have a few neat tricks up their sleeve.

This may help you with your automatic "archiving" and the "saving" of drafts (since your drafts/posts are Evernote notes to begin with).

Disqus (commenting platform) would send you an email with any comment updates. You could set up your email account to automatically forward all of those incoming emails to your Evernote address (you'll need Premium if you're going to do a lot of emailing into Evernote)... or you could manually clip comment emails to Evernote with the web clipper. Emailing comments into Evernote would be unnecessary and messy. I recommend you just rely on email for comment alerts in your regular email account, whatever you end up going with.

I'm not talking about this forum specifically. I'm caring about every post I write somewhere. Everything that I spent time on writing is worthy of being recorded in a achive notebook.

I think the Evernote browser plugin should be able to do this.

11 minutes ago, ChristianK said:

I'm not talking about this forum specifically. I'm caring about every post I write somewhere. Everything that I spent time on writing is worthy of being recorded in a achive notebook.

Unless you go with Postach.io, you're going to have to stick to the Web clipper. Another idea you may want to play around with (if you've got email subscriptions set up for your readers) is to try and use your Evernote email address to sign up for email updates (from yourself). You would get your full posts emailed to your Evernote account. That may or may not work... but either way you'd have to have Premium to receive more than a few try-out emails.

Going back to the Web clipper... I also use it to clip my own blog posts. Why would it be such a mission to clip your own posts that you've just spent a bunch of time writing up? It's just 2 simple clicks...

• Level 5*
On 2/23/2016 at 10:30 AM, ChristianK said:

I'm not sure I understand what you are asking for, but AFAIK using the Evernote Firefox (or other browser) web clipper is about the easiest way I know of to capture and archive your posts into Evernote.  See this video:  The Evernote Web Clipper 

• If you want something that will record your keystrokes as you type into a browser, I would expect there are apps/utilities that will do that (that is actually one method of hacking).  
  • I have never needed that, so I don't have any suggestions.  
  • Clicking on the Evernote Clipper icon on the FireFox toolbar would be fast enough for me.

Losing the text of what you have just written and submitted to an online form is a completely different issue.  

• I'd hazard to guess all of us have lost our post when the submit didn't complete properly.  
  • What I do to guard against loss of data during a submittal, is to select all of my text in the online form, and copy to clipboard before I click on the submit button.
  •  If I have written a lot, then I use the Evernote global shortcut for save clipboard to new note action.

Another approach is to type all of the text you plan to submit into an Evernote Note first.  When you're finished typing, copy the text from Evernote to the browser input form.  I often do this when constructing a long post.

I hope this helps.  If I have misunderstood your question/issue, please feel free to post back with clarification and follow-up questions.

Archived