Shared Notebook

elitespooner

Trying to share a notebook.

When I enter the email, I can see the reciepient under "shared", however, they continue to say that the invite is not received.

When I try to resubmit an invite to 'view' the notebook, I get into this work chat app. Cannot determine whether the request was submitted to the reciepient by Evernote, how can I ensure that this link works for them?

Thanks,

• Level 5*

If this is a first time share,  the recipient will get an email invitation.  It comes from a noreply@Evernote address - ask them to check their spam folder to see if it was received,  and if necessary send another (invite them to the share again).

• 4 weeks later...

It would be so helpful to be able to share Evernotes with others who don't use Evernote by allowing them to view notes without signing in at all. I'd like to send them a link, and they'd be able to see the note I'm wanting to share with them.

I use Evernote for everything, but most of my friends and colleagues are not Evernote users, so I always have to upload the document to Google Docs because I only have to send the link and everyone can see the document. I don't think it's because more people have Google. I think they don't need to sign in. But I could be wrong. But most people do not sign in, and if I send a link or work chat, they email me that they are confused and don't know how to "get into Evernote."

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Leslie Godwin said:

It would be so helpful to be able to share Evernotes with others who don't use Evernote by allowing them to view notes without signing in at all. I'd like to send them a link, and they'd be able to see the note I'm wanting to share with them.

I use Evernote for everything, but most of my friends and colleagues are not Evernote users, so I always have to upload the document to Google Docs because I only have to send the link and everyone can see the document. I don't think it's because more people have Google. I think they don't need to sign in. But I could be wrong. But most people do not sign in, and if I send a link or work chat, they email me that they are confused and don't know how to "get into Evernote."

Hi.  When you wish to share a note,  choose the 'enable public link' option and send that to anyone you wish to see the content.  They'll see a web page in their browser.  They won't be able to change the content.  To make sure you don't delete or change the content yourself,  create a new notebook for shared notes.  (If you delete the note it will no longer be available to anyone.  If you change it everyone will see the new content.)  You'll also be able to find all the notes you have shared in that notebook pretty quickly - it's not always easy to identify them otherwise.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, gazumped said:

When you wish to share a note,  choose the 'enable public link' option and send that to anyone you wish to see the content.

This was discussed here 94284-how-to-use-note-links-in-en-web-with-a-public-notebook
You could also included public links within the note to allow a series of notes.

Archived