Want to disable dashes being turned into horizontal rules

Bill Sacks

Idea

In the latest Evernote Mac version (6.2), strings of '---', '===' and '***' are turned into horizontal rules. I find this often isn't what I want: I use strings of these characters (especially dashes) frequently in my notes, to visually delimit sections that aren't quite as separate as what I delimit using horizontal rules. Given that it's already easy to add a horizontal rule with a keyboard shortcut (cmd-shift-H), it seems unnecessary to have Evernote turn these characters into Horizontal Rules for you. At the very least, could you provide an option to disable this automatic conversion?

3 replies to this idea

More generally: I would request that there be an option to disable all of the recently-added text replacements - including the horizontal rules, emoticons, etc. I can understand that some people would like these, but personally this is rarely what I want.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Always best to post issues with recent releases in the appropriate thread - in this case https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/89960-evernote-for-mac-62-released/

The issue of disabling the 'autoformat' has been raised already.  An option to switch off features generally hasn't (afaik) come up yet.  Not sure how practical that would be...

Archived