Scroll While using Web Clipper Screen Shot

TLMiller49

Is there a way to scroll beyond the screen bottom while selecting material with screenshot? Often the section I want to clip is longer than my screen displays. When I drag the box to the bottom of the screen it stops. Similarly, "Simplified Article" will include all the comments which I don't want, so I need to use "Screenshot" to select only the article.  If the article is longer than 1 page (screen) I'm stuck.  Any help?

• Level 5*

Hi.  Short answer - no.  WIth screen shots,  what you see without scrolling is all you can get.  You do have two options - use your browser controls to shrink the display slightly - zoom out to include the whole thing;  or if that gives you too small a result,  highlight the text and pictures you want to copy and use 'Clip Selection'.  In Windows it's also possible to click in the text at the bottom of a long column,  scroll up and press and hold Shift to click at the top of the column.  The whole thing is then magically highlighted.

• 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Yes please, I want that feature too! Especially because highlighting images isn't working on all websites and saving webpages as articles cannot be adjusted manually as well. Installing a third-party programme for that purpose doesn't seem like an ideal solution to me.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Long, Long overdue functionality.  I used to use Snagit Religiously for 4-5 years up until around 2010 or so and it was one of my go to programs that I couldn't live without. Evernote replaced most of its functionality and I didn't think it was worth it to continue to pay for the snagit updates while paying for Evernote. Please update the screen capture capabilities.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Level 5*

It's a feature of many browsers,  including Firefox now.  Brave and Vivaldi also have some form of screen shot option built in..  and in all of them the browser screen shot can be saved to the desktop and added to Evernote.  I actually use Nimbus Capture too - a third-party add-in that does everything up to and including movies.  It's no biggy to clip a bookmark in Evernote and add a screenshot file from another extension...

(The browser extensions of course have the advantage that they're all coded for that specific environment,  while Clipper has to work across all of them...)

Archived