Evernote COO Is Leaving by End of Year

• Level 5*

Evernote COO Is Leaving by End of Year 

Reported by http://techcrunch.com/

We’ve confirmed through multiple sources that Linda Kozlowski, Evernote’s COO, has put in her notice and will be leaving the company by the end of this year.

It’s the latest in a series of recent twists and turns at the popular startup: this year has seen Evernote appoint a new CEO, face layoffs, close offices, and kill off products.

It’s not clear why Kozlowski is going, but it’s notable for its abruptness: Kozlowski has been with Evernote for just over three years, but only took up the COO role this past summer.

As it says in the song:  "Another one bites the dust".  Changes in executives at Evernote continue.

I don't know Ms. Kozlowski, but I wish her well.  I haven't  seen any influence by her on the Evernote product, other than the recent pricing model changes.  But who knows what goes on internally.

I don't know what to expect as a result, except that it is another signal that Evernote is changing.  For better or worse?  Don't know yet, except I do like what the new CEO has written, changing the focus back to Evernote's core product.

Your thoughts?

• Level 5

The article also mentions that 4 more executives are expected to leave.

I also liked the memo the new CEO wrote a few months ago.

However he was hired in July and has not been very visible. Maybe I got spoiled by Libin's active involvement - the success stories during his international travels, and the podcasts for instance.

I've seen more participation by Evernote employees in this forum recently. That is a really BIG plus in my book.

• Level 5

A Pre-Thanksgiving Sale or something else?

I got an email from the Evernote Team today:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

SAVE UP TO 25% IN THE EVERNOTE MARKET

Today only, save up to 25% on everything in the Evernote Market—from digital pens to classic notebooks and everything in between. But hurry, this sale ends Sunday, 11/15 at midnight PST

SHOP NOW

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Edit:

Turns out -  it is not 25% on everything.

* The ScanSnap Evernote Edition Scanner is only 15% off ($420)

* Many other items are 20% off.

Edit #2:

The Evernote legal team must have written this promotion.

save up to 25% on everything

Therefore a 15% savings qualifies, or even a 1% savings qualifies.

Edit #3:

shy·ster [ˈSHīstər] - NOUN - informal
a person, especially a lawyer, who uses unscrupulous, fraudulent, or deceptive methods in business

This looks like the start of a regime change. - - - As you well know, it is not uncommon that when a new CEO comes in that he/she has to bring in his/her own people and, hence, the prior CEO's people will have to go. - - - We should all watch for other high-level people being brought in over the next several months, but it could take more than a year for all these changes to come about. - - - High-level people commonly operate under employment contracts. Getting out of an existing contract may be complicated, subject to conditions (like termination clauses) or time, may need to be negotiated, and may need board approval. Executing an employment contract with a new firm has similar complexities. - - - And this doesn't even take into account any legal constraints on executive changes that venture capitalists placed on the Evernote Corporation in exchange for their investments. - - - This can all be distracting and slow down the rest of the organization. It will be on the shoulders of the 3rd, 4th, and 5th lines of people within the company to sustain and grow the customers and products in a highly competitive environment.

Archived