iCloud backup in iOS 9 with Evernote fail

I can't find any information similar to my condition online, and not sure if this only happened on my devices.

I have iPod Touch (5th Gen) and iPhone 5S, both with Evernote installed.

I have Evernote downloaded ALL notes content into the devices, which took about 11 GB of the storage spaces of the devices.

Before upgraded to iOS 9, I can run iCloud backup normally when I turn off Evernote in the backup option.

However, since I upgraded both devices to iOS 9, both devices told me that there is not enough spaces for iCloud backup.  I checked the options and found that Evernote was checked in the iCloud backup list, and the amount of data to be backuped went up from a few hundred MB to 11 GB (which means iCloud tried to copy all Evernote notes to iCloud server).

I tried to turn off the backup of Evernote, and did see that the amount of data to be backuped "next time" reduced.  However, whenever I tried to run the backup again (manually or by iCloud setting), it still gave me the message that there is not enough spaces.  And in the backup list, Evernote is been checked (turn on) again.

After about a week of trying, finally I deleted Evernote from the device, then started backup.  You can guess it just backup normally now....

Anyone encountered same issue with me?  Is there something wrong between iOS 9 and Evernote?

Thanks

• Level 5*

Hi.  I use an Android phone which doesn't seem to have the generous storage to which you have access,  so I have a special notebook which is a small subset of my default notebook holding less than 100 files.  These are upcoming appointments,  agendas,  directions etc to which I need access whether or not I have a network connection.  The content of this notebook changes daily,  with notes being added and moved away - and with very occasional exceptions it's worked very well.  Could you use something similar?  Your issue seems to be a matter of how iOS deals with installed apps on your device,  so I can't see anyone coming up with much useful comment here - have you raised this with any iOS forum too?

Hi.  I use an Android phone which doesn't seem to have the generous storage to which you have access,  so I have a special notebook which is a small subset of my default notebook holding less than 100 files.  These are upcoming appointments,  agendas,  directions etc to which I need access whether or not I have a network connection.  The content of this notebook changes daily,  with notes being added and moved away - and with very occasional exceptions it's worked very well.  Could you use something similar?  Your issue seems to be a matter of how iOS deals with installed apps on your device,  so I can't see anyone coming up with much useful comment here - have you raised this with any iOS forum too?

Thank you for your suggestion.

I haven't post on any iOS forum except here.  Since this happens with a large database in th device, I was expecting someone here may encounter similar situation as mine,

I'm now trying the last test, would like to see whether after a successful iCloud backup (Evernote removed), then re-install EVERNOTE and download all content, then try iCloud backu again.

Finger crossed...

Test done, unfortunately, iCloud failed again.

Seems that iCloud is very obsessed with backup.  Always turn on the backup option for Evernote even I told it not to.  Sometimes it shows turned off, but actually the amount of Evernote database still been calculated in the backup....

Checked Apple forum, seems many got problem with iCloud but everyone seems getting different problem.... Let's see when Apple can fix this.

• Level 5*

Same issue here, can't get an iCloud backup to work.  Spent a few hours on phone with Apple last week confirming all my settings were right and they agreed it wasn't working.  Took the information and said they would get back to me.  Haven't heard from then since.  May have been a bigger problem than they thought at the time.

Archived