Sync issues horrifying!

I keep a shopping list--one of very few things I really use Evernote for--and it gets trashed almost every time I update from a Mac.

Basically, if I change the shopping list on a Mac, then sync it on the iPod Touch (all latest software updates), the sync causes multiple versions of the shopping list to show up, and it's a pain in the ass to fix it on the iPod. I basically have to coax it to updating with all the defects on the Mac and sync it again.

Or, I could DELETE it and start over. Since I don't get a lot of use out of the syncing besides that, it pretty much makes the feature almost useless to me.

• Level 5*

I have found the following to be helpful in preventing sync issues:

1. Use multiple short Notes rather than one long Note that has many/frequent edits
  2. It is best to consistently manually sync, and sync often, especially after:
    1. Entry/Edit of an important note
    2. End of Session BEFORE you close or put your machine to sleep
    3. End of Day
    4. Start using a different device
      1. Even if you notice the Sync icon spinning on EN iOS when you switch to the app, do a manual sync anyway after it finishes spinning
      2. I have noticed that the initial sync does NOT always do a full sync.
      3. I'm not sure about Android devices, but I would do the same just to be safe.

Along the same lines I too am frustrated by the "Conflicting modifications" warning and the duplication of the content in my note. It is my fault - I end up multitasking and having Evernote open on both the web at my desk, and then perhaps in a meeting I want to add/update a note. Is there a way to better manage note content if I switch between web/iPhone/iPad frequently?

• Level 5*

I keep a shopping list--one of very few things I really use Evernote for--and it gets trashed almost every time I update from a Mac.

Basically, if I change the shopping list on a Mac, then sync it on the iPod Touch (all latest software updates), the sync causes multiple versions of the shopping list to show up, and it's a pain in the ass to fix it on the iPod. I basically have to coax it to updating with all the defects on the Mac and sync it again.

Or, I could DELETE it and start over. Since I don't get a lot of use out of the syncing besides that, it pretty much makes the feature almost useless to me.

EN can be overkill for shopping lists, great for many other things.  You might try Wunderlist for the shopping lists.  That type of list is the one thing I keep out of EN.  Everything else though is in EN.

Archived