Continous crashing - possible corrupt file

Hi,

We have a teacher at the school I work in that is constantly having issues with her Evernote account. When she tries to load it we are presented with the spinning beach ball and need to Force Quit the app.

I have done a full uninstall (removed Library files etc, AppZapper etc) multiple times and the issue persists. We have performed a complete OS restore, started as new and the issue continuous to persist. 

My guess is that there's a file that one of the students has sent which is corrupt and making the app crash continuously. The web-based and iOS versions of Evernote work fine.

Is there some sort of script I can run to search and remove this bad file, or does anyone have some sort of work-around?

Your help is appreciated

Regards

• Level 5*

What versions of EN Mac and Mac OS are you running?

If you are using the App Store version, you might try the Direct D/L version at Evernote.com.

You might also try installing on another Mac or PC.

To identify whether it is a data issue or not, you might try creating a new free Evernote account, and sign in to it in EN Mac on the problem Mac.  Using the EN Web client with the original account, you could share the Notebook(s) with the new account, and then test in the EN Mac client.

Mac is on 10.10.3 and the Evernote is 6.0.13

We have downloaded Evernote both through the App Store and directly from Evernote.com

I will create a new user account for the teacher and attempt to share the Notebooks to troubleshoot from there. This also just happened to another user today. I find it odd that if there was a corrupt Notebook/file it wouldn't work on the iOS app though?

I appreciate your help and let you know how I go. 

• 1 month later...
  • Level 5*

Hi.  If you don't get a response to that I'd suggest posting your OS here with the current number of notes in your account.  What version of Evernote do you have installed,  and when did it stop working correctly? - You could also try Evernote's Twitter account @Evernotehelps.

I use yosemite , I updated my OS  recently on my macbook and my iMac , on the macbook evernote works fine but on the iMac it crashes , i tried loging in with a new name that works but as soon as i use my account it crashes , I am using the latest version of evernote , i tried installing from the master , and the download from the website , I deleted all files even the library files it downloads my whole notes overtime i install it but as soon as i want to log in , crash ! I don't understand , on all other devices it works fine ! 

• Level 5*

on the iMac it crashes , i tried loging in with a new name that works but as soon as i use my account it crashes , I am using the latest version of evernote , i tried installing from the master , and the download from the website , I deleted all files even the library files it downloads my whole notes overtime i install it but as soon as i want to log in , crash ! I don't understand , on all other devices it works fine ! 

You may want to try a clean reinstall on the Mac that always crashes.

See How to Completely Remove and Reinstall EN Mac 

Archived