"Access notes when you're offline" on regular Windows app

Good evening.

After updating Evernote for my laptop earlier today, it prompted me to select a subscription plan by essentially showing me the https://www.evernote.com/subscriptions/manage page. There it says for the Plus members "Access notes when you're offline". I find it rather confusing to see that on a desktop application which (I would've thought) keeps the notes stored on my HDD and only syncs them.

Does this mean that the regular Windows application is now (or in the near future) going to access notes the same way as mobile applications do (i.e. using the local hard-drive as a cache rather than note storage)? Or does that particular perk speak about the mobile applications only? Can someone clarify?

Thanks

• Level 5*

After updating Evernote for my laptop earlier today, it prompted me to select a subscription plan by essentially showing me the https://www.evernote.com/subscriptions/manage page. There it says for the Plus members "Access notes when you're offline". I find it rather confusing to see that on a desktop application which (I would've thought) keeps the notes stored on my HDD and only syncs them.

The Manage Subscriptions page is confusing, especially to new or relatively new user.

Regardless of the plan, the EN desktop clients (EN Mac, EN Win) all store all of your Notes on your local hard drive, and are always available offline.

See Comparison of EN Account Types

• 1 year later...
On 5/11/2015 at 1:38 AM, JMichaelTX said:

The Manage Subscriptions page is confusing, especially to new or relatively new user.

Regardless of the plan, the EN desktop clients (EN Mac, EN Win) all store all of your Notes on your local hard drive, and are always available offline.

See Comparison of EN Account Types

And the same thing with EN Business? Just slightly worried about some SSD laptops and bigger document amounts in some SME customers... 

• Ex Employees
1 hour ago, Timo Haukilahti said:

And the same thing with EN Business? Just slightly worried about some SSD laptops and bigger document amounts in some SME customers... 

If the business notebook is already in your notebook list, then you'll have access to it online.  You will not have the ability to join notebooks from your Business Home while offline. 

7 hours ago, Austin G said:

If the business notebook is already in your notebook list, then you'll have access to it online.  You will not have the ability to join notebooks from your Business Home while offline. 

Thanks, Austin. You are right. The issue I want to ensure myself about is the big amount of data there, which, if duplicated to some small SSD-drives, can cause a capacity problem. I think an easy workaround is to use and access big files by GoogleDrive integration, to save space in local computers. But in that case we lose possibility to use OCR...

8 hours ago, Austin G said:

Does your machine also have a larger HHD? If so you can move the database to it by selecting: Tools>Options>General. Select the change option under "Evernote local file". 

I know. Mine, yes. I have couple laptops myself, but like my customers also I have an ultrabook with SSD. On the road and for the work. Those are the concern. One database of one potential customer is around 32 GB and that is just too big to be replicated to all ultrabooks (SSD size is around 130MB). Solutions / workarounds?

Archived