App keeps spamming me to upgrade to premium -- I'm already a premium subscriber

davecan

Idea

As the title says. This has been going on for maybe a couple weeks now, not sure of a specific date. I'll open Evernote on my iPhone 6 and it will pop up a full-screen ad extolling the virtues of upgrading to Premium. I'm already a Premium member, it even says so in my app settings and in my account on the website.

This is a ridiculously annoying spam ad. Please turn this off.

Thanks.

7 replies to this idea

• Level 5

As the title says. This has been going on for maybe a couple weeks now, not sure of a specific date. I'll open Evernote on my iPhone 6 and it will pop up a full-screen ad extolling the virtues of upgrading to Premium. I'm already a Premium member, it even says so in my app settings and in my account on the website.

This is a ridiculously annoying spam ad. Please turn this off.

Thanks.

Hi Dave,

This most certainly shouldn't be happening. If this happens again, can you please goto Settings > Support > Submit a Support Request, submit a request and please include your activity log.

By chance do you know when this started happening for you (what app version)?

Thanks,

Chuck

@gazumped - Interesting, I don't spend time here but I searched and didn't find anything, maybe my search-fu was poor. I'm on 7.7.5.315515. If there's a later version the app store isn't showing it to me.

@Chuck - It just happened again so I submitted a ticket with activity log. As far as I can tell I'm on the most current version -- I see no notification of software updates pending other than iOS 8.3 and the app store seems to say I'm up to date. In Evernote settings it says I'm on 7.7.5.315515. I'd say its been happening for 2-3 weeks now, my hunch is the app auto upgraded around that time and that's what introduced the bug, but I was only vaguely aware of it if it in fact changed so I didn't pay much attention to it.

My frustration came fromhow the ad made it appear to me that my premium subscription had been renamed "plus" with a new premium subscription for teams. It was really frustrating to think I was being prompted to upgrade to something that is impossible for me to use. (I now know that's not what it is, just saying that's how it came across initially)

Thanks!

• Level 5

@gazumped - Interesting, I don't spend time here but I searched and didn't find anything, maybe my search-fu was poor. I'm on 7.7.5.315515. If there's a later version the app store isn't showing it to me.

@Chuck - It just happened again so I submitted a ticket with activity log. As far as I can tell I'm on the most current version -- I see no notification of software updates pending other than iOS 8.3 and the app store seems to say I'm up to date. In Evernote settings it says I'm on 7.7.5.315515. I'd say its been happening for 2-3 weeks now, my hunch is the app auto upgraded around that time and that's what introduced the bug, but I was only vaguely aware of it if it in fact changed so I didn't pay much attention to it.

My frustration came fromhow the ad made it appear to me that my premium subscription had been renamed "plus" with a new premium subscription for teams. It was really frustrating to think I was being prompted to upgrade to something that is impossible for me to use. (I now know that's not what it is, just saying that's how it came across initially)

Thanks!

Thanks for the information, and sorry about the inconvenience. We'll look into it and hopefully have a fix out soon.

If you could include a screenshot of what you see when it initially pops-up, that would be helpful as well.

Thanks,

Chuck

I have a somewhat similar issue except that I am currently an Evernote Basic subscriber who is getting prompted to "Upgrade" three times a day in the Evernote App on my laptop. I'm perfectly happy with my current level of subscription--I would even be okay with the occasional nudge to "Upgrade"--but this is starting to feel like I'm being asked to join a time share. If this is the reality of being in Evernote Basic, yes, no big loss to you, but I'd rather just use another platform.

• Level 5*

Such frequent reminders aren't normal - the process seems to have been broken (again) in recent updates.  If you're having problems,  raise a bug report- click Troubleshooting in the Help Center (link below in my sig) and scroll to the bottom of the page to see the 'Contact Support' button.

Archived