Request:Ability to Edit a note with Skitch image

VickiG

Idea

Please, I use Skitch a lot for screen capture. When I go into my SKITCH notebook and change the Notebook to the one I want to save the image into, then find that I want to add a note or comment...its LOCKED.  Why can't this image be "floating" so that I can insert text or other items into the note.

Apparently I have to "save" it first and then into Evernote.

Need drag&drop option to add to a note directly after screen shot.

post-104996-0-03577300-1426968484_thumb.

• Like 2

3 replies to this idea

This was exactly what I was looking for in the feature request area to upvote.

Being able to provide context and meta data for images in Evernote is key to its use. 

With skitch however, we are limited to using the title and tags.  You can make any further notes about the image.  This makes locating images much harder.  I use Skitch to take screenshots of all sorts of things, and I have many, but I really struggle with finding ones I know I have taken.  I have seen a similar feedback item in this forum complaining about exactly this issue and they too have many Skitch images.

I have a bad feeling that the reason we are unable to add text to Skitch notes is related to how Skitch storage has been integrated into Evernote, and for Evernote to change this, would require re-engineering the whole design.  I hope I am wrong.

This really is a big flaw in how Skitch/Evernote work.  On the Mac, I could take screen shots, give my image a filename, and use OSX tags.  Skitch/Evernote provides a title and tags. The primary benefit that Evernote affords I missing with Skitch.

Damo.

I have been struggling with this for a while. I assumed I just didn't know how to fix it, but when I cam looking for he answer I see it has been a lingering issue since 2016!! This is very discouraging. 

• Level 5

This issue was not lingering since 2016, it was dead since 2016. Not much attention from the forum users, it seems.

If you want to use Skitch to edit a picture, and be able to revisit and re-edit it, you can do this:

• Create a note with the picture (not edited)
  • Click on the picture, choose Annotation ( a in a circle) in the Picture submenu
  • The picture opens in Skitch, can be annotated.
  • Close the picture - the annotations are conserved

A picture annotated this way can be reopened and edited again - including changing the prior edits.

If you want to use the annotated Version outside of EN: Click on download (down arrow), the picture is saved to your camera roll