Emails NOT going to correct folder

Jo-el

Idea

I'm a premium user and trying to go paperless with one of my classes this coming semester. I setup a folder called Class#1 and have put it but nestled under the School Folder and also by itself. I then synched the account.  I've looked at other posts with no guidance.

I sent two emails one was: "Test Email @Class#1" The other emails was "@Class#1 - Test Email".

Both ended up in my default notebook and not where I wanted them to go which was the Class#1 notebook. Any advice? Do I need to wait a certain amount of time before the new notebook becomes "live"?

Thanks,

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Since the pound-sign ("#") is used as a delimiter for Tags in the email subject line, it may very well be causing the problem.

As a test use a NB without a "#" in its name after the "@" in the email.

If that works, then you will probably need to rename your NBs to remove the "#".

• Level 5*

Evernote doesn't recognise non-alpha characters like '#' in searches either - it may be seeing Class#1 as "Class 1" - or,  since it looks for @<notebook> #<tag> in the title,  as JM suggests,  it may have problems with that notebook name.  Underlines and hyphens are allowed,  so maybe Class_1 or Class-1 would be a good alternative?

• Level 5*

If Evernote is NOT going to fully support certain characters in the names of Notebooks and Tags, then it seems to me that they should NOT allow the user to create names with these characters.  Or, at the very least, provide a warning when the user tries to use them.

Archived