Snapscan Evernote Edition installation issues

I bought a Scansnap with was delivered almost a week ago.  I have installed and reinstalled the Evernote and Scansnap software four times now.  Sometimes it operates for an hour or two but usually the installation of the snap can software just instantly crashes EN.  I also have an issue where the snapscan installation program downloads at amazingly slow speeds taking up to 8 hours to install, when the same size file for the EN program downloads in under a minute.  Also, when the scanner did briefly work, it failed to detect photographs, and business acrd were simply scanned into EN and contact data not pulled into the "rich" contact note that EN promises.  Other than that the large grey paper weight is keeping my paper work from blowing around.

I used to love EN, but having spent£500 on a scanner that is supported by email answered in an average of a 5 hour turnaround, I am starting to think this company may have hit the innovation brick wall not unlike Nokia.

If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear it as I have set aside another 4 hours today to try and fix this problem.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Sounds like you need to look at this page - https://evernote.com/market/returns/ - and raise a support request with Evernote CS - choose "payment issue" in the first dropdown after logging into logging in to this link > https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action

Not sure why you'd have such a problem downloading the ScanSnap software,  but I'd suggest the best thing to do at this stage would be to UNinstall everything - including removing the Evernote app from your computer - restart,  and reinstall everything,  including the Evernote app first,  and the ScanSnap stuff second - check with your documentation to see when to install the scanner itself,  either at the same time as the software,  or only after it.

Do you have a good wifi connection to the internet?  It might be worthwhile running a speedcheck (http://www.speedtest.net/) and ensuring that any other access - other systems,  downloads or streaming - is suspended while you test the scanner.

• Level 5*

I would contact Fujitsu ScanSnap support.  Here is there contact info, including phone support:

http://www.fujitsu.com/us/products/computing/peripheral/scanners/contact/

I bought a Scansnap with was delivered almost a week ago.  I have installed and reinstalled the Evernote and Scansnap software four times now.  Sometimes it operates for an hour or two but usually the installation of the snap can software just instantly crashes EN.

. . .

I used to love EN, but having spent£500 on a scanner that is supported by email answered in an average of a 5 hour turnaround, I am starting to think this company may have hit the innovation brick wall not unlike Nokia.

If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear it as I have set aside another 4 hours today to try and fix this problem.

Many thanks for the advice. I spent 12 hours yesterday emailing back and forth with support. They replied anywhere from 30 to 45 minutes between emails. I completely uninstalled and reinstalled Evernote and the scanning software 10 times. They finally asked to look at the crash logs which I have been sending them for the past 5 days. Within minutes, they came back and said there was an issue because I had both a personal and business account. They asked me to open a completely new account. I did, and the thing is working brilliantly. Of course it is in a desert wilderness of no data. They say they will come up with a fix for the clash, didn't give a time to complete. They also admitted that the business card function was not working and they were looking for a fix. You can scan them but it does not do the OCR and LinkedIn function well or at all.

It took them a week of telling me it was my fault and to reinstall before they bothered to look at a crash log. I burned almost two full days of my time playing their game. Now the thing is up and running, I am seriously thinking about sending it back and getting the iX500. Sitting around waiting for their support to get in touch gave me a lot of time to look around at alternatives.

Also, I am very worried they won't be around for the long haul, and that would mean having to buy another scanning solution if they go belly up or get bought. If they don't get grown up technical support in place soon, they may well hit that tech death spiral.

Thanks again for the responses.

• 5 months later...

Archived