Connect on LinkedIn missing

Dfinkels

Idea

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  No personal experience,  but there are Scannable resources in the KB too.  I got this - 

There are two ways to save contact information from every scanned card to the Contacts on your mobile device:

• Automatically: To save all scanned business cards to Evernote, go to the Scannable settings page (settings gear at the top left of screen in the camera mode), tap Evernote > Always save to Evernote, select Notebook to set the default notebook.
  • Manually: Tap the initials or LinkedIn picture of contact from the scan tray and tap Save to contacts

- from here:  https://evernote.com/products/scannable/guide/#4

Edit:  I don't think there's a LinkedIn link yet...

• Level 5

Hi,

In the Evernote app, if your LinkedIn access expired, you will be prompted to reconnect or reauthorize. If you installed a fresh version of the app while your LinkedIn access was disconnected, you'll be prompted to connect Evernote to LinkedIn.

If you dismissed either of those prompts, we'll leave you alone and not bother you again. In this case, you'll need to manually re-connect your LinkedIn account.

To do this, go to Settings > General > Camera > Business Cards and tap "Connect" next to LinkedIn. If it shows "Disconnect", your access may have expired - in this case, try Disconnect and the Connect.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Chuck

I'm not getting the prompt either. It stopped appearing a few days ago and I thought it was because the person I'd met used their personal address (not their business card email address) to sign in to LN. However, that's clearly not the case. I have signed out of Evernote and back in - I was not disconnected but thought it worthwhile resetting.

Any suggestions please????

• Level 5

If you'd reconnected to LinkedIn, you can also go to Settings > General > Camera > Business Cards > Follow-up options and toggle "Always show" on. This will show two check boxes (well, "check circles") on the business card scan result screen: (1) Connect on LinkedIn and (2) Email my contact info. Then on your next business card scan, tap the appropriate circle(s), and you should be set.

I hope this helps.

-Chuck

Good day! I just discovered the business cards option on Scannable. Wonderful. However, when trying to sign up with LinkedIn, both after the card has been scanned, but also in the settings screen, I do get the Linked In authorization page, but after filling in email address and password, nothing happens and when returning to Scannable, I am still not logged in and not connected to LinkedIn. 

Working with latest version of IOS on an iPhone 6s. 

Archived