Notification of new Business notebook

David Navigator

Idea

Just been looking at out business notebooks and may of them are under subscribed. Chatting to the users who should be subscribed to these notebooks I find out that they were unaware that they existed. Is there anyway to notify (in your face) all users when a new business notebook is created ?

4 replies to this idea

publish to the Business Home page...

That's what I'm referring to. When I publish to the Business Home page I want all the users to get an in their face notification "David has just published notebook 'Christmas Hours' - [subscribe] [ignore]" at the moment users have to go to the Business home page to see if there's anything new, which none of them do.

The Chat kind of works, but it becomes a three stage process - Create Notebook, then Modify Sharing, then Share via Chat - what I want is when I've "Modify Sharing" that the affected user(s) get informed automatically in their chat feed - "David has shared 'Christmas Hours' with you.

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  I was kinda hoping that someone with a live business account would chime in with some help here - I just run Premium so it's a bit difficult to experiment.  As  business user you should be able to get Chat support if you go through the support link on Evernote.com - maybe the guys there can help.  My thinking now is that this needs social engineering rather that IT skills - how about some posters next to the water and coffee machines that say "Have you checked the Home Page today?" - maybe with an occasional 'spot prize' announcement (only on the Home Page) that doles out surprise gifts.

Either way - if you do find a solution that works,  please post it back here for the future!

David is right Gaz,

It is a laborious process to add a Notebook via Chat.

Basically Chat is not that useful unless you use it all the time.

I had to create three Notebooks for the start of the year. I found the easiest way to make sure they went on the other users Evernote Business accounts, was to add the users in the administrator section. As we place Notebooks under specific Stacks, they would then have to manually move the Notebook into the correct Stack. I found it easier to log into their accounts and place all three Notebooks in the correct place. To be honest it didn't take very long and at least I knew it was done properly.

As I say, if Chat is being used in a company I can see sharing Notebooks via this method as working very well. But we as a company have no use for it.

Best regards

Chris

Archived