Desktop Evernote can't create a database.

Dilemmamike

• Level 5*

Weird.  I'd suggest: 

If this is a new account/ new install - see below. 

If you're a long-time user,  how many notes do you have?  Have you moved the database from c: to another drive?  Is your drive nearly full?

New install

If Evernote is still installed,  download Revo uninstaller to remove it and any temporary installation files that might not have cleaned up properly after the recent traffic.  If Evernote isn't installed,  set it up again so Revo can find it and uninstall with extreme prejudice.

Restart your machine and re-download / reinstall.

• Level 5*

Ah.  A slightly different error than your original post.  Looks like your database is corrupted in some way.  Do you have any local notebooks or unsynced notes?  That is can you see all your notes if you log in to EN Web here - https://www.evernote.com/Login.action?targetUrl=%2FHome.action  ?

If so,  the simple fix is to File > Exit Evernote (if you can) and rename your database folder  (this one - C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Evernote\Evernote\Databases) to something else,  such as Databases.old.  Then log back in and wait for Evernote to rebuild your database from the server.

• Level 5*

Very strange.  If Evernote is installed at all,  you should have a subfolder under User\<user>\AppData,  and you don't seem to have an AppData folder anywhere...

Always backup your system before doing anything like this... and it's not supported by Evernote,  but I'd suggest you try something like Glary Utilities from www.glarysoft.com/  (Always pay attention when you're downloading software - sometimes companies will add in extra 'offers' that you need to untick or reject to avoid having your home page replaced,  or download software that you didn't want.)

It's a 'system cleaner' - it finds leftover bits of software,  registry errors,  shortcuts that don't work any more..  All you need do is install it and use the 'One Click' button to run a standard check on your system.  It might help to sort out the earlier Evernote installs that apparently went wrong.

If you re-download and try installing Evernote one more time,  it might just work...

• Level 5*

That path does not exist. Or I can't find it.

It sure won't be under \Windows, which is what your screen shot is showing. Note that the most likely folder, \Users\<user name>\AppData, may be hidden, so you'll need to show hidden folders under \Users\<user name>

That path does not exist. Or I can't find it.

It sure won't be under \Windows, which is what your screen shot is showing. Note that the most likely folder, \Users\<user name>\AppData, may be hidden, so you'll need to show hidden folders under \Users\<user name>

Windows hides the app data directory. But you can type %LOCALAPPDATA% into the address bar and navigate directly without enabling hidden folders.

I used the path %LOCALAPPDATA% then renamed the folder Databases.old, re-installed Evernote and logged back in. It worked! Thank you all so much! You have relieved a mountain of stress because this was going to bother me forever.

You guys rock! 

Archived