Pictures taken with evernote have a very low resolution

Hi community,

I have found out that every Picture taken by the document camera on Android is automatically reduced to a very small resolution. Every Picture taken has only a size about 150-200 kb. I tried it on several android devices and is all the same.

Also I tried to download the Picture as attached file, there is no difference the are all about 150-200kb.So the problem is they look good on screens but when you want to print, the print looks not good, like a very very small picture that was fit to Page.

So I looked at pictures made before april 2014, and the have all a good ressoulution and a size between 700-900kb.

So is there a solution to get back the good Picture size, cause for me it's a main use to make pictures with evernote or have evernote do that to limite the server traffic..

Best wishes Radek

• Level 5*

I'd imagine that the resolution is kept low for general efficiency - quicker syncing / smaller memory footprint / keeping database sizes down for the desktop local database.  Your older pictures may be larger because you took them with the device camera rather than with Evernote's camera.  One possible way around this would be to change the Settings > Camera option to use the device camera rather than the 'multishot' version..  the other one is to take pictures directly with the device - where you can set the resolution - and simply share individual photos to Evernote.  Beware though that once saved in the database,  the photos may still be at lower resolution than the Gallery version(s).  Use something like Google photos or Flickr if you want to preserve quality.

Yes maybe. but is taking a picture save and work with it not a main benefit of evernote? So I don't see the sense to promote such a feature like the easy take und save photos directly from Evernote and then make it so bad. And I think it can be a big problem for these people how didn't know about that an make a lot auf pictures und then when the need it to determine that they can do nothing with this low res pictures.

I'm a premium member and I think a filesize about 1mb per photo or Note should not be a problem. And making the photos with another app and share it to evernote, works for me but then you don't have the feature to automatically cut the document and enhance it. this thinks you have then do it by yourself.

• Level 5

Yes maybe. but is taking a picture save and work with it not a main benefit of evernote? So I don't see the sense to promote such a feature like the easy take und save photos directly from Evernote and then make it so bad. And I think it can be a big problem for these people how didn't know about that an make a lot auf pictures und then when the need it to determine that they can do nothing with this low res pictures.

I'm a premium member and I think a filesize about 1mb per photo or Note should not be a problem. And making the photos with another app and share it to evernote, works for me but then you don't have the feature to automatically cut the document and enhance it. this thinks you have then do it by yourself.

It is a feature, but definitely not a "main benefit of Evernote".

With their recently announced shift from consumer users to business users, in my opinion, I doubt there will be much attention toward photography, especially with abundance of work around solutions offered by 3rd party photo/image software

Archived