View a stack of notebooks

brentpeters

Hey all,

Here's a feature request.

I organize my projects with notebook stacks. One project, many notebooks, one stack.

It would be great if stacks had their own view, and if I could link to these stacks in the shortcuts. Then, when accessed, Evernote would show a three-pane layout: the list of notebooks within that stack, the notes within the selected notebook, and the note itself. It would help with focus (don't have to see notebooks outside the selected stack).

Anyone else think this would be useful?

Cheers,

Brent

• Level 5

After 6 years, I have 30,000 notes.

Early on, I realized too many notebooks could be a problem. Also, the max # of notebooks is 250.

In my opinion, Evernote finds information more efficiently with

• Evernote search grammar (I store best search tips in an Evernote note)
  • a few broad topic notebooks (employment, home, personal, leisure, misc)
  • structured titles with consistent format (location - subject - person)
  • date prefix for titles (yyyymmdd)
  • specific, detailed tags
  • shortcuts for commonly searched topics

Hey all,

Here's a feature request.

I organize my projects with notebook stacks. One project, many notebooks, one stack.

It would be great if stacks had their own view, and if I could link to these stacks in the shortcuts. Then, when accessed, Evernote would show a three-pane layout: the list of notebooks within that stack, the notes within the selected notebook, and the note itself. It would help with focus (don't have to see notebooks outside the selected stack).

Anyone else think this would be useful?

Cheers,

Brent

Stacks can already be added to the shortcuts & the list view does exactly this, when you have the stack expanded & are in a specific notebook within that stack. The difference is that all the other notebooks/stacks are displayed in the left panel, which I do not find distracting.

Archived