Preference: Client or Web App?

Hi:

I just upgraded to Premium and haven't used Evernote in over a year - I really need to get into Evernote. On a Mac, using Safari, I immediately see some differences between the client and web application - the app on the iPhone is another matter. Which do you prefer and why - web or client? I know this is a super-gereral question, but I would appreciate the thoughts and observations of seasoned vets. If you can point me to video or other links that address this issues, I'd be grateful. Thank you for your time and patience.

Me

Hi:

I just upgraded to Premium and haven't used Evernote in over a year - I really need to get into Evernote. On a Mac, using Safari, I immediately see some differences between the client and web application - the app on the iPhone is another matter. Which do you prefer and why - web or client? I know this is a super-gereral question, but I would appreciate the thoughts and observations of seasoned vets. If you can point me to video or other links that address this issues, I'd be grateful. Thank you for your time and patience.

Me

I'm PC but use the Windows, web & iOS clients every day. The desktop client is more robust & my favorite. The web client is pretty good & the iOS client is pretty good, too. Sometimes you just have to deal with the client at hand. IE, earlier today, I needed to look up something when I was out & about. So I used the iOS client on my phone. That's what it's all about...multi platform.

• Level 5*

I'm not sure there is any benefit to using the Web client over the Mac client. With the exception of a few minor features, the Mac app is far superior to both the Web and iOS. Unless you have a particularly demanding use case (for example, no space on your hard drive for the amount of data in your Evernote account), I'd recommend the Mac app. Of course, I use all three on occasion, but the Mac app is where I spend most of my time with Evernote.

• Level 5*

I use the (Windows) desktop mainly,  but refer to the web from time to time;  my Android phone has a small notebook with current and future meetings and visits and related material,  and doubles as a remote input for pictures and CamScans of pointy objects.  I replaced a hard drive in a laptop recently forinstance and snapped all the part and serial numbers I could find for future reference...

Like BnF says;  Multi-platform!

Archived