Remove note's photos from the photo roll?

• Level 5*

I believe Evernote defaulted that way so that  if a note was compromised or otherwise failed to upload you'd still have a copy of the photo.  No way to stop the rollover AFAIK,  but it seems pretty simple to just delete any photo you don't need..  Maybe they'll include an option in the settings to save/ not save a copy to the camera roll.

Is this on Android or iOS?

If you are on iOS you can go to Evernote's settings:

General>Camera>

turn "Save Snapshots" OFF. This will prevent pictures you take with Evernote's camera from being added to iOS's camera roll. 

Personally this is how I have it set too.

That being said, Gaz makes a good point, with this setting OFF, IF there is an issue and the note gets mangled, you won't have another copy of that photo. 

Thank you for your answers. 

Honestly it doesn't seem a good reason to me. If I want to be sure to don't lose a photo I take it normally and then use it for a note, not the other way around. 

Anyway I have Android. Is there a way to do that in Android too?

Unforunately I do not have an android device of my own. You'll have to play around yourself to find the answer. That being said, I know Gazumped is an android user and from his response to your question I don't think an option exists for Android. 

• Level 5*

Nope - the Android version doesn't have (m)any camera settings.  You can choose whether or not to use the Multishot Camera,  or the default phone camera and that's it - don't know whether changing that option affects the storage of the image.  There's nothing to specifically exclude shots from the camera roll though.

Nope - the Android version doesn't have (m)any camera settings.  You can choose whether or not to use the Multishot Camera,  or the default phone camera and that's it - don't know whether changing that option affects the storage of the image.  There's nothing to specifically exclude shots from the camera roll though.

Yes, exactly like that. I'll continue to use Google Keep for now then, even though I prefer Evernote for its subsections. 

Thank you all again. :)

Archived