Feature for the presentation mode?

I sometimes use the presentation mode and miss a few important details. I love it because of the simpleness and how quick it is to show something so I do not want you to make it too complicated... but just a few more details would make me use it much more.

First. I would like to be able to show one line at the time and move forward with the spacebar or something like you do in normal presentation programs.

Maybe lines in a special bullet list could behave like this.

Second. I would like to be able to scale the presentation. From an overview I would like to be able to zoom in and out. Maybe we could use cmd+ cmd- like we do inside normal notes.

Thats all!

Thank you for a super program!

• 9 months later...

I'm interested in your comment here beng.  "Normal presentation"??  We hope that Evernote will be the "new Normal"  

I think this would be good also, but I do hate "Death by Bullet point" and would not want this to become just another clone of you know who.

If you got what you want, I predict the next post will be "Can we please have animations??"

Rambling over.,

Did you ever hear from the Evernote people?

-Derek

I sometimes use the presentation mode and miss a few important details. I love it because of the simpleness and how quick it is to show something so I do not want you to make it too complicated... but just a few more details would make me use it much more.

First. I would like to be able to show one line at the time and move forward with the spacebar or something like you do in normal presentation programs.

Second. I would like to be able to scale the presentation. From an overview I would like to be able to zoom in and out. Maybe we could use cmd+ cmd- like we do inside normal notes.

Thats all!

You can split your presentation by 'horizontal rulers' and advance between those by presseing 'space'. I hope you have already found that useful.

I just added a ticket for the scaling in the system, it was not in the backlog yet for Mac.

• Level 5*

Thats all!

You can split your presentation by 'horizontal rulers' and advance between those by presseing 'space'. I hope you have already found that useful.

I just added a ticket for the scaling in the system, it was not in the backlog yet for Mac.

The horizontal rule split is nice but there is one change in behavior that I hope you will consider.  As a simple example (and I'm using Windows), consider a note that has 2 sections separated by a horizontal line and the first section is more than one page long.  When you press the spacebar to scroll through the first section, when it gets to the bottom of the first section, it will also show the beginning of the second section on the same view.  When you press the spacebar again, the note is advanced to show the second section at the top.   Instead of showing the end of the first section and beginning of the second section on the same view, it should suppress the second section until the spacebar is pressed again and the second section is shown beginning at the top.  Difficult to explain but basically only one section should be shown in a view at a time.  I'm thinking the horizontal line should function as a page break and it is not quite working that way.

Archived