(Archived) Major syncing problem: please help!

Kwitel

I am having some real issues between using Evernote on my Android phone and using it on my desktop (my IPAD is a whole other disaster of a story).

For some odd reason, my Android phone occasionally doesn't decide to sync with my desktop.

So, without realizing that its hasnt synced, I will be in my phone, ill open Evernote (which unbeknownst to me hast synced in a day or two) and it WILL OVERRIDE ALL THE NEW NOTES that I put into my desktop!

So, the old notes on my Android phone which were never updated, are now on my desktop and have wiped out all the new notes/changes that I have made.(Is there a way to undo this??)

My sync frequency is at 15 minutes. What am I doing wrong here.

On a side note, if im in a note and I open the menu and click "sync", NOTHING happens. I have to close the note, and then go to the home screen in order to get that little circle to spin, indicating that my notes are now synced.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

• Level 5*

Well

1. Your Android doesn't "sync with my desktop" - it syncs with the web server.  Your desktop also syncs with the web server.  In the process the information gets transferred between Android and Desktop but only after a couple of syncs.
  2. Androids can only sync when connected to the network (unless you enabled "sync only on wifi" in which case...)
  3. Both clients have a manual sync
  4. The trick is to sync both before and after edits on any machine
  5. Don't think you can sync Android while in a note - you have to save the note (the top 'tick') and then try.

Check both clients for "conflicting changes" notebooks and also look in the trash for lost notes.

Well

1. Your Android doesn't "sync with my desktop" - it syncs with the web server.  Your desktop also syncs with the web server.  In the process the information gets transferred between Android and Desktop but only after a couple of syncs.
  2. Androids can only sync when connected to the network (unless you enabled "sync only on wifi" in which case...)
  3. Both clients have a manual sync
  4. The trick is to sync both before and after edits on any machine
  5. Don't think you can sync Android while in a note - you have to save the note (the top 'tick') and then try.

Check both clients for "conflicting changes" notebooks and also look in the trash for lost notes.

Thank you for those clarifications.

in # 5, you mention "the top tick" to save/sync within in a note. Where is that exactly?

I will now save every time I edit a note...

Isnt it a little time consuming to have sync both before and after every time you edit a note? I am editing notes all day.....

So I guess my only question is-what is the fastest way to sync/save within a note.

• Level 5*

in # 5, you mention "the top tick" to save/sync within in a note. Where is that exactly?

I will now save every time I edit a note...

These Brits talk funny. :) The 'tick' is a checkmark icon at the top left in the note header when you're editing it.

Isnt it a little time consuming to have sync both before and after every time you edit a note? I am editing notes all day.....

You don't need to do this unless you are going back and forth between devices.

So I guess my only question is-what is the fastest way to sync/save within a note.

See above.

Archived