(Archived) EN 5 lost ability to multiselect tags and change folders

hanseric

In 4 you used to be able to multiselect two tags and then change folders (in List view) while keeping the tag selection in place.

So if I have an Action Pending folder and I want to see which notes in that folder share the tags "Work" and "Now", I can't do it.

If I select the tags first, they are deselected when I switch folders.

If I select the folder first, and then select the tags by using Ctrl+click, then the folder is set back to All Folders.

This is a HUGE problem.

The GTD community will likely pitch a pretty big fit when they see they can't do this.

Evernote did this to help you by giving you a modern flat design so it could showcase your notes, minimize the distractions of the interface, and allow your content to shine through.  You're obviously just not properly appreciating the showcasing, minimization of distractions, or how your notes are now shining.

http://youtu.be/wdljS8skzSY?t=14s

Evernote did this to help you by giving you a modern flat design so it could showcase your notes, minimize the distractions of the interface, and allow your content to shine through.  You're obviously just not properly appreciating the showcasing, minimization of distractions, or how your notes are now shining.

http://youtu.be/wdljS8skzSY?t=14s

how in the name of .... holding control and selecting the tags is a distraction?

I have no idea, but since 5

how in the name of .... holding control and selecting the tags is a distraction?

Just think of how freed up your mind is now that you don't have to be distracted by being able to do that any more.  ;)

• 1 month later...

I think ZZZ is being ironic!

Evernote 5 is a rewrite with significant functionality removed. This is undoubtedly to make cross platform development cheaper for Evernote, and this has been marketed as an improvement. Unfortunately I have always been able to see the Emperors junk, so I'm not fooled for a minute. Dumbing down is dumbing down.

Not best pleased with the "upgrade".

Other "improvements" I've noticed by their absence:

• No URL field on notes. I used this a lot.
  • Attributes list removed from left pane - how do I now get a list of notes modified this week?
  • Saved Searches list removed from left pane - OK, this can be reproduced as shortcuts, but why? And why weren't my Saves Searches automatically made shortcuts to ease this pointless transition?
  • Level 5

I think ZZZ is being ironic! Evernote 5 is a rewrite with significant functionality removed. This is undoubtedly to make cross platform development cheaper for Evernote, and this has been marketed as an improvement. Unfortunately I have always been able to see the Emperors junk, so I'm not fooled for a minute. Dumbing down is dumbing down. Not best pleased with the "upgrade". Other "improvements" I've noticed by their absence:

• No URL field on notes. I used this a lot.
  • Attributes list removed from left pane - how do I now get a list of notes modified this week?
  • Saved Searches list removed from left pane - OK, this can be reproduced as shortcuts, but why? And why weren't my Saves Searches automatically made shortcuts to ease this pointless transition?

The URL field is there! When a note is selected it can be found under "Info".

• Level 5*

Evernote 5 is a rewrite with significant functionality removed. This is undoubtedly to make cross platform development cheaper for Evernote, and this has been marketed as an improvement.

That might be the case if Evernote were actually sharing code across their different platforms, but they are really not as far as I know, neither base code nor a common UI framework. I doubt that there's a lot of cost-savings going on there.

The search language still works, even if the Attributes helper has been removed (and this has been reported on and lamented on elsewhere in the forums). The search for this is:

updated:week-1

Archived