Backing up Notebook Structure Possible?

We currently are on Evernote Business. 5 users are one it, all with admin rights, etc. We will be using approximately 400 business notebooks in the business library shared to each user, with full admin rights. Within each notebook will be 4 notes which we will keep our data organized.

Keeping our data organized is key. I was able to backup and restore all the notes, however the notes simply restored in one big notebook, losing all of the notebook organization. I do have tags on each note. Is there any way to backup the entire notebook structure along with the respective notes and restore them in that fashion? 

It would be a tremendous pain to recreate hundreds of notebooks and reorganize everything. Evernote Business responded that their was no way to do this. We are all using Evernote Business for Windows Desktop Client. 

Thanks. 

Unfortunately, our export does not backup notebook structure.

The only way to do this would be to add an additional layer of tagging before export with the Notebook name. For example:

Nb_<notebookname>

Then, should you ever need to reimport from backup, you can simply recategorize based on the tag name.

Unfortunately, our export does not backup notebook structure.

The only way to do this would be to add an additional layer of tagging before export with the Notebook name. For example:

Nb_<notebookname>

Then, should you ever need to reimport from backup, you can simply recategorize based on the tag name.

Heather, 

Do I simply add in a tag with "Nb_<notebookname>" on the tag line, and it will than create the business notebook for me when I import the notes in? I am first testing out to see what happens if our data (notebooks) were deleted, and see how they could be recovered. 

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

It's not a substitute for an Evernote-provided backup, and it will only work on Windows, and I've never tested it on Business, but I did write up a PowerShell script by which Evernote notebooks can be backed up individually as .ENEX files. Totally warrantee-free, but I'll answer questions and take suggestions if need be. https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/53536-how-to-backing-up-evernote-using-powershell/

Archived