(Archived) Favorites?

boogybren

Idea

11 replies to this idea

Favorites is legacy functionality that existed before offline notebooks.

No, you're incorrect. The feature still exists. Although, not very useful as it might have been in its heyday.

I agree with the OP: A favorites/short cut/pinned notes feature would indeed be nice to have for the iPad too. (On Mac, there is the shortcuts).

There really shouldn't be separate feature sets per app unless for example, it is a feature that could only be reasonably done on a desktop version vs mobile.

Why can't I mark something as a favorite in one app on one device and have it sync'd over to any other EN app regardless of platform?

• Level 5*

I didn't say that it doesn't exist anymore. It is legacy functionality that existed before Evernote implemented offline notebooks.

If you want to mark a note as a favourite or most important or anything you like then Evernote's solution is to use tags.

If you want to mark a note as a favourite or most important or anything you like then Evernote's solution is to use tags.

That is a workaround at best.  I have thousands of tags already and don't want to fish around for my "favorites" tag.  I already utilize using "!" or "." in front of my tags to prioritize them to the top of the list and even that grouping is getting bigger than I'd like.

Instead of a workaround, why can't I have a quick, one-tap/click favorites?

• Level 5*

I've no idea if they will ever implement what you are looking for, I'm just relaying what the current application provides.

Although if I had to guess, I'd guess that what you are looking for would be very very far down the priority list.

No, you add it to the shortcut list (OS X), to the favorites bar (Windows), drop the note as a widget (Android) or star it (iPhone). These are all local pinning (although you can sync between Macs), tags *do* sync and is not a replacement. Neither is offline notebooks.

My point is, and has always been, make the feature useful by allowing us to quickly access the starred notes - or remove it.

That is a workaround at best.  I have thousands of tags already and don't want to fish around for my "favorites" tag.  I already utilize using "!" or "." in front of my tags to prioritize them to the top of the list and even that grouping is getting bigger than I'd like.

Instead of a workaround, why can't I have a quick, one-tap/click favorites?

While we wait for the iOS developers to sort it out, you can go to the Favourites "notebook" and minimize it by sliding it down. That way it will be available in place of the Notebooks tab front and center. You can do this with any notebook, though, so it's *rather* pointless. A little star to click next to the update icon would be pretty neat.

While we wait for the iOS developers to sort it out, you can go to the Favourites "notebook" and minimize it by sliding it down. That way it will be available in place of the Notebooks tab front and center. You can do this with any notebook, though, so it's *rather* pointless. A little star to click next to the update icon would be pretty neat.

Yeah, I just leave EN in that view on my phone so that I can quickly access it.

Archived