(Archived) Don't close tickets automatically

I had an ongoing ticket (16051-261167) opened in February. The last email I received said "the developers are discussing it".

Now the ticket was automatically closed - the message said "It has been 2 weeks since our last interaction. We are closing out this ticket"

Please don't do that. It is very poor service. For a start, there were the Easter holidays in between.

But most importantly, you should have a human reviewing tickets before closing them. In this case I was awaiting for action on YOUR part.

I now have to go through the trouble of filing another ticket (the third!!!) and wasting more time for an issue that has been ongoing since Feb.

The whole point of using Evernote is to increase productivity, not waste people's time.

Thank you

An Angry Premium Customer

I had an ongoing ticket (16051-261167) opened in February. The last email I received said "the developers are discussing it".

Now the ticket was automatically closed - the message said "It has been 2 weeks since our last interaction. We are closing out this ticket"

Please don't do that. It is very poor service. For a start, there were the Easter holidays in between.

But most importantly, you should have a human reviewing tickets before closing them. In this case I was awaiting for action on YOUR part.

I now have to go through the trouble of filing another ticket (the third!!!) and wasting more time for an issue that has been ongoing since Feb.

The whole point of using Evernote is to increase productivity, not waste people's time.

Thank you

An Angry Premium Customer

If you need to keep a ticket open, you need to reply. IMO, it makes perfect sense to auto close tickets. Otherwise, the ticket system is littered with open tickets that people have not replied "yes, I'm fixed now.". Having someone manually review these & trying to get a reply from customers that it's ok to close the ticket ("I emailed them three times with no reply so I guess I'll close it") is absurd.

I disagree strongly. That puts the onus on the customer to keep the ticket open. It should be the other way. It is called "support" for a reason.

In this particular case, I was awaiting for action on Evernote's part. I have better things to do that keep asking for progress, whereas for them , it is their job, and I am paying for the service after all.

At the very least the system should send a mail saying "we will close the ticket in 1/2 days unless we get a reply"

Even better, the system should know who's supposed to do the next step, and if it's Evernote it shouldn't attempt to close the ticket at all. If anything, it should send an email to the developers asking them "are you working on this ticket?"

I have pulled your ticket and it was very clearly written by the technician for you to let him know if you had any further questions, and that the ticket was now out of the hands of the support team.

Once it's out of support, you will not receive further information from us - bug reports/feature requests/etc get filed and move on to the development team, as we are support and cannot change the actual software code ourselves, only provide workarounds. Some changes can take 6-7 months or longer to get in, and there are some feature requests that have been on the books for 3 years or longer (i'm looking at you, jbenson). The auto-close message reiterates what the agent told you, that your information was filed with the development team.

I'm sorry you feel this is not sufficient, but you have already made your feelings clear that you do not find our current CRM system to your liking.

That's fair enough, and you are right, I am not a fan of your CRM - as a customer I am not interested in your internal division between support / dev teams, all I know is that I have an issue, I sent a support request, and now the support request is closed and I have no idea what's the status of my issue, when / if my issue will be dealt with. Anyway, no point carrying on this conversation, you obviously are not going to change your system.

I do understand that you are a customer, but I'm not entirely sure you understand that we are a company. Companies are made up of divisions, each with clear mandates. A Support team is not an Engineering team, at least not at a Corporation the size of say, Evernote, for example.

We employ engineers *on* our support team to assist users with technical issues. However, each *product team* at Evernote is in the Engineering department, not the Support department, because they are busy developing the products. Alternately, the Quality Assurance team is also in the Engineering department, working closely with product development for future (Alpha) releases, while Support is working with current ones and betas, as they affect the customers.

This is pretty much how it works at every large software corporation out there that I'm aware of. Our development cycle is faster than some, and longer than others, but the key is, we have responsive support that is there to track your bugs and take your feature requests, and above all, handle any issues you may have with our products. While it's obviously not what you're looking for in a Support department, it suits the needs of like 99.9% of our customers.

Archived