(Archived) Drag Image from Safari to a Notebook?

gothick

Idea

I'm trying to add an image from Safari to a particular notebook in Evernote Mac (5.0.5.) I thought this would be as simple as dragging the image from Safari onto the notebook (in the Notebooks list in Evernote) but it doesn't seem to work. If I drag the image to my Desktop first, then find it there and drag it to Evernote, it works fine, but this seems pretty clumsy.

Am I imagining things, or did you used to be able to drag things straight from Safari to a Notebook?

This is an example of an image I'm trying to drag: http://www.mountainskyreiki.com/Temple%20Reiki%20Share/Meditation%20Bell.JPG

Thanks,

Matt

11 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

You can certainly drag your image to a specific note, I just tried with your example and it worked.

Are you trying to create a new note in a specific notebook by dragging it the notebook? I don't think I've ever tried that so I'm not sure whether it ever worked or not.

Yup, that's exactly what I'm trying. It works with other things -- I can drag a document from the desktop onto a notebook, and it creates a new note in that notebook just fine. It's a nice, easy way of creating a note in a specific notebook with no friction at all. It just doesn't work when I drag from Safari.

I'm relatively sure that it used to work, but I can't be certain. After all, if my memory was that good, I wouldn't need Evernote ;D

Matt

Not a bug in fact. We've never built that functionality, but I'm logging it as a feature request. Thanks for posting! Great idea.

Fab, thanks! I have a few secondary "design inspiration" notebooks for particular projects, where I often want to add things directly to them from the web. Being able just to drag stuff to them from Safari would really reduce my friction.

Matt

Oh OK, the OP seemed to suggest it used to work so I assumed it was a bug.

Apparently it was just my faulty memory! Maybe I was thinking of another app -- quite a few apps I use accept direct image drags from Safari.

Matt

Any updates on this?

This is the #1 feature I would like to have.

I have actually been able to drag an image from Safari to Evernote but there is a huge lag, and then Evernote is on top, but Safari thinks it's still on top, so I have to click back and forth to get the windowing corrected.

Thanks!

OK, I see that I can drag an image into a notebook and it creates a new note.

So I suppose I am after a different feature.

When I drag an image from Safari (50-200k image) into an existing note I get the same lag with the green + symbol orb cursor and both Safari and Evernote are unresponsive for 4-5 seconds.

So, it works like I want but there's a significant lag each and every time.

Archived