(Archived) Mac Vs Windows For Evernote

CaptainTime

I just switched to Evernote and am very pleased with it. Met one of my clients today who uses a Mac and I notice his snippets had a nice A,B,C at the top of his row and didn't seem to have the dates of each snippets.

Is this something I can set in my Evernote preferences in Windows 7 or is that a difference in the Mac version?

Thanks,

• 4 months later...

I use both a Mac and Windows versions of Evernote - I sure wish I knew how to make them both look/act alike.  It's annoying to have to learn Evernote 1 way for the PC and another for the Mac.  My preference would be to use the PC version - it's much better, imo, than the Mac version.   If anyone knows how I can make them do this - I'd love to know.  I've tried to match them up on my own without much success. 

• Level 5*

The apps are designed by different teams, and are unlikely to ever behave exactly the same, though the stated goal is to seek feature parity. I think you'll find lots of differences between them if you look closely. The letters mentioned by the OP appear when there is a title sort. If you sort by date updated, then you get the dates showing instead. 

• Level 5*

Basically, you can't make them act identically. As far as we know, they are different products, based on different code bases, implemented by different teams on different schedules, each with their own set of priorities. Evernote does claim that feature parity is a goal, but it seems awfully hard to get there with the two teams chasing each others' tails.

Archived