(Archived) Possible to hide a notebook or individual notes?

• 2 months later...

i second this.

i create an entry whenever i finish watching a film - but since i watch so many of them, so in my "all my notes" view, the other study/work related notes are buried among these movie entries with no other purpose than reminding my future self that i have watched these films.

so you see these movie notes can be a great distraction and it would be great if i could hide them.

btw, i'm using evernote on windows.

hope someone could address this?

thx!

• Level 5

If some movie notes were creating a great distraction, I would block them with a tag. Movies for example.

When I wanted to review my study/work related notes, I would hide them with the search:

-tag:movies

If some movie notes were creating a great distraction, I would block them with a tag. Movies for example.

When I wanted to review my study/work related notes, I would hide them with the search:

-tag:movies

thanks! but can you block multiple tags at one time this way?

btw, you know what would be a killer feature:

different themes such as work or leisure for user to switch between

of course these themes are fuzzy sets auto-generated by the software, not requiring the effort of the user.

i second this.

i create an entry whenever i finish watching a film - but since i watch so many of them, so in my "all my notes" view, the other study/work related notes are buried among these movie entries with no other purpose than reminding my future self that i have watched these films.

so you see these movie notes can be a great distraction and it would be great if i could hide them.

thx!

First, this is in the Mac section. It's best to post your questions/feature requests in the section applicable to the client(s) you're using.

Second, why not put the movie notes in a "movie notes" notebook & the study/work related notes in another notebook? You can then filter the notes by either going to the specific notebook or using the search bar:

notebook:"movies"

Although Evernote heavily relies upon tags, they allow 250 notebooks. I think it's ok to use them. :)

but can you block multiple tags at one time this way?

Yes.

btw, you know what would be a killer feature:

different themes such as work or leisure for user to switch between

of course these themes are fuzzy sets auto-generated by the software, not requiring the effort of the user.

Um...see my post above regarding notebooks. However, there is no auto generated tagging/notebook adding by Evernote. Thank goodness. I much prefer to set my own tags/notebooks, titles & keywords.

i second this.

thx!

First, this is in the Mac section. It's best to post your questions/feature requests in the section applicable to the client(s) you're using.

Second, why not put the movie notes in a "movie notes" notebook & the study/work related notes in another notebook? You can then filter the notes by either going to the specific notebook or using the search bar:

notebook:"movies"

Although Evernote heavily relies upon tags, they allow 250 notebooks. I think it's ok to use them. :)

i do use notebooks. thing is i use a lot of them and my work/study are distributed among different notebooks according to topic.

my problem here is not how to navigate to a specific note but rather how to have a distraction-free (relatively) view of my recent notes ("All My Notes" sorted according to date).

but i guess for now there's just no simple answer to that.

thx for the reply.

i do use notebooks. thing is i use a lot of them and my work/study are distributed among different notebooks according to topic.

my problem here is not how to navigate to a specific note but rather how to have a distraction-free (relatively) view of my recent notes ("All My Notes" sorted according to date).

but i guess for now there's just no simple answer to that.

thx for the reply.

You can certainly do what you want with notebooks/tags/titles & keywords. If you are distributing your "movie" notes among different notebooks, then simply tag them say, "Movies". You can then select all notes, tag of "movies" & sort by created date (Please see note below) and/or include:

created:YYYYMMDD

as a search parameter.

And I know you're not talking about navigating to a specific note. But notebooks/tags/titles & keywords can still help you navigate to a set of notes.

NOTE: Although this is in the MAC section, this particular user is Windows. AND..this thread should be split off so it's in the Windows section.

Archived