How to change creation date of a note?

­­­­­

Hello.

I use Windows client for Evernote 4.5.7.7146 and I cannot find any tools for changing creation date/time of a note.

Please give me a tip where to discover this feature in the inteface. I will appreciate it if someone shows a screenshot of respective tool.

Hi, welcome to the forum :)

You can change the creation date of a note by clicking on the creation date field within the note info panel.

You may have to enable the Note Info panel before you can see it though. This can be done by pressing F8, via the View - Show Note Info option or by clicking the small arrow just under the Notebook selector.

See:

http://www.evernote.com/shard/s26/sh/e138f5fd-c932-4ca6-80d7-4b12afff15bf/88b18f8ace77eb2808069c55aac14250

Scott

• 1 month later...

Hi, I have a standard evernote account and I cant see this button you have shown in the picture, I am using chrome, could you explain how to do it in chrome, thanks

Hi Peanut, welcome to the forum :)

The image is a screenshot from the windows desktop application. As far as I am aware, changing the created date of a note is not available in the web client, which you are using. To do so, you would have to use one of the desktop clients (windows/mac)

Scott

• 3 months later...

I am a new evernote user (and I love it so far) and use it on my desktop with windows and my android phone. About a week ago I found this thread and was thrilled to be able to change the create date from my desktop. I don't always enter the information in real time. When I tried to change it again yesterday I could no longer find that "small arrow just under the notebook". Do I need to be a premium user to have this function permanently?

Mary

Hi, I have a standard evernote account and I cant see this button you have shown in the picture, I am using chrome, could you explain how to do it in chrome, thanks

Hi Peanut, welcome to the forum :)

The image is a screenshot from the windows desktop application. As far as I am aware, changing the created date of a note is not available in the web client, which you are using. To do so, you would have to use one of the desktop clients (windows/mac)

Scott

Scott is correct, I can find no way of changing the created date from the web version and I am using chrome as well.

Mary,

If you had the ability to change the date before, I am not sure why it would not be available to you know.

Have you tried re-starting the software?

Best regards

Chris

Thanks for your quick response.

If by "restart the software" you mean log off and then log on I have done that. I can't find anything to click on that will open that window with the create date. Why does that have to be hidden? Why isn't there a button to push with that label on it?

Are you in Windows "list view". On mine, there is a little up or down arrow way over to the top right of the lower pane. Clicking on it each time, switches the amount of info displayed in the top of the bottom pane, including create date. Pressing F8 a couple of times, does this, too.

Doesn't that give what you want?

Thank you so much for your patience. I had been opening evernote through the web instead of my desktop. I'm a happier user now. My next project is to figure out how to use the web clipper and hopefully that won't take me as long.

Mary

• 2 years later...

This always worked for me in the Windows desktop version.

But now I have a Mac and the Created Field seems to no longer be editable. Anyone else having this problem or has a solution

• Level 5*

This always worked for me in the Windows desktop version.

But now I have a Mac and the Created Field seems to no longer be editable. Anyone else having this problem or has a solution

You should ask that in the Mac forums. This is a Windows client specific topic.

• 5 months later...

Archived