(Archived) Evernote Web Clipper Isn't Working with Firefox 13

psawers

Hey - I've trawled the forum here and haven't found anything that covers my problem, hence I'm starting afresh. I gather that Evernote Web Clipper should be compatible, as of a few days ago, with Firefox 13. Well, I've just tried to install the add-on for the first time and it doesn't even show up on my browser anywhere.

I'm pretty tech savvy and I don't think I'm doing anything ridiculously stupid here - I'm just going insane trying to figure out why the icon isn't showing up. I've restarted the browser (obviously), and looked in add-ons. It's installed, enabled and from what I can see I should have the Evernote icon showing up alongside all my other add-ons, such as Fireshot and such like which are showing up fine.

Any thoughts on this? I've tested it out on Chrome and the add-on is exactly what I need, but I prefer Firefox.

Thanks.

Hi psawers,

A few tips that may help:

1) Make sure you are on the latest Web Clipper version 5.1.0.252437

If in doubt, uninstall and then reinstall from: https://addons.mozil...te-web-clipper/

2) If #1 is OK and the button does not show up then:

a - View > Toolbars > Customize

b - Locate the Web Clipper button and drag it to the browser toolbar.

Hope that helps.

• 1 month later...

Hello. I'm trying to get the web clipper to work in Firefox as well. I have the plugin installed, and it appears on the toolbar, but selecting any of the three options (Clip article, full page or URL) only brings the Evernote app to the front, and then nothing happens. I don't see my clip.

Any ideas?

I just realized I'm using Firefox 14. Could that be the issue here?

thanks for your help.

Hi ferretface,

We've looked into this and can confirm this serious bug. This will most likely affect all user on Mac client 3.3 who clips directly to the local Mac client. I will post a new version as soon as we can verify the fix will work.

Here's the workaround you can do:

1) Change your Web Clipper setting to 'Send clips to Web'

- Goto Tools > Add-ons and find the Web Clipper in the Extensions tab.

- Open up the preferences (mac) options (windows)

- And switch to 'Send to Web'

A visual guide to the setting:

https://skitch.com/b...x-clipper-issue

Sorry for the inconvenience.

That link doesnt work for me. Am on FF 14.0.1 on mac mountain lion with the latest (Version 3.3.0 (300201) desktop app and am getting the same problem with the web clipper where it opens desk top app but with none of the copied content regardless of what you choose to clip. Any help greatfully appreciated

• 1 month later...

Hi ferretface,

We've looked into this and can confirm this serious bug. This will most likely affect all user on Mac client 3.3 who clips directly to the local Mac client. I will post a new version as soon as we can verify the fix will work.

Here's the workaround you can do:

1) Change your Web Clipper setting to 'Send clips to Web'

- Goto Tools > Add-ons and find the Web Clipper in the Extensions tab.

- Open up the preferences (mac) options (windows)

- And switch to 'Send to Web'

A visual guide to the setting:

https://skitch.com/b...x-clipper-issue

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi,

Just letting you know this fixed it for me.

My environment:

Mac mini running Lion 10.8.2

Firefox 15.0.1

Evernote 3.3.1

Thanks.

Hi, I have posted this in another post but for those of you who try to use the link above, this is the correct link. I still havent had a response, so any suggestions are much appreciated.

Hi I have the same issues, Mountain Lion 10.8.2, Version 3.3.1, FF 15.0.1.

The above link for the beta version is wrong. This is the correct link https://www.evernote...903b1ba47ac29cf

The double clicking of the icon, downloads this file, evernote_web_clipper-5.4.265654-fx.xpi

Double clicking this in finder, gives me a finder dialogue box

ScreenShot2012-09-30at61726AM.png

Then app store dialogue box

ScreenShot2012-09-30at61801AM.png

Ok fixed this issue.

1) Open new firefox tab

2) Open finder window with location of xpi file and drag and drop this onto the firefox empty page. This installs it.

If your web clipper icon disappears from the toolbar

Firefox Menu

1) Go to View > Toolbars > Customize

2) Locate the Web Clipper icon and drag it to the toolbar.

:)

• 3 weeks later...

Clipper still does not work.. It does'nt matter what you do. I've tried everything.

So, here is a simple work around..

1. Create a folder (or many as I have) on your HD which is synched with a folder on in EN.

2. Use the widows Snipping tool to clip a web page.

3. Save to the Synched folder..

And you're done....

Thomas

ps. Seriously.. I really wish they would fix this. Clipper is a really cool idea but as useful as a hole in the head as long as it does not work.

Archived