(Archived) Tags case

kettch

Idea

Hi,

I just began using Evernote and I quickly ran into a bug... If I start typing a new tag and there is one already existing, starting with the same letter but a different case, it won't let me put a different case to the first letter. Here's an example:

- In a note, type the new tag "skill", and validate

- Now try adding the new tag "SDL". When you type 'S', it will autocomplete to "skill". When you type the "D", it will cancel the autocomplete, and you're left with "sD" instead of "SD".

- I even tried hitting the left arrow key to go back and try changing the 's' to 'S' but it validated the tag as "D" when I hitted backspace :/

I hope it'll get fixed some time. But right now, anyone know of a workaround to have my tag with the correct case ?

Thanks.

6 replies to this idea

Evernote don't share their bug tracking or provide ETAs for bug fixes or new functionality.

Maybe so, but it's pretty lame to have a bug like this persistent for so long. This really needs to be addressed. Two and a half years is a pretty long time to patch a logged bug, and this one irritates me to no end.

• Level 5*

So you reported a bug, they filed it and said it would get fixed.

I guess it's up to them as the owners of the code and the business to decide on their development priorities.

Archived