(Archived) request list view on tablet

markdigirolamo

• 3 months later...

Thank you for this information. This is great news!

I am gladly looking forward to the every new update.

On my Android smartphone I am already able to experience a nearly perfect Evernote client thanks to your excellent work.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there, is there any news on the list view option? Please correct me if I am wrong, I think that it would be good for tablet user to have an option to view the right hand panel in a list view rather than thumb nails, is that whats coming up in a future release? I installed the latest beta version and didnt see the option.

• 1 month later...

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 - I'd really appreciate a list view that's more compact than the large square thumbnail views that I see at present. Hopefully, as indicated by the Evernote for Android 4.0 Beta 4 thread we'll see a "more compact" list view on Android tablets soon.

Thanks to all the EN ganf for continuing to enhance and develop this killer product

• Level 5*
Hi there, is there any news on the list view option? Please correct me if I am wrong, I think that it would be good for tablet user to have an option to view the right hand panel in a list view rather than thumb nails, is that whats coming up in a future release? I installed the latest beta version and didnt see the option.

As Xavier said, it's on their list, but Evernote doesn't typically release their feature roadmaps ahead of time.

• 4 weeks later...

As Xavier said, it's on their list, but Evernote doesn't typically release their feature roadmaps ahead of time.

Jefito is right, my list is very (very) long and some of the features I report will probably never be implemented.

However, it turns out that the list view on tablet is coming soon. It should be available in the next beta release for Evernote 4.1.

Stay tuned!

I left this feedback in another thread, but as long as we're talking tablet displays, I'll leave it here too.

PLEASE enable a view like the desktop app where your notes are all in a column, and the space on the right is the preview area. (That may or may not be what this topic suggested, I'm not sure if they meant just list vs. snippet, or the particular layout issue I'm talking about.)

One thing I can't stand now is all the individual notes in a grid of thumbnails. In browsing notes, it is much more efficient (for me anyway) to scroll a vertical list of notes in one column, than to scan back and forth over the entire visual area of the right half of the screen trying to pick out the note I want. I may be my aging eyes, or it may just be what I am used to, but I find the current layout uncomfortable.

Archived