(Archived) One mistake maxes-out entire Monthly Usage?

I have been using Evernote for several months to keep track of pretty much everything in life, and have had no reason or need to upgrade, as I never go over the Monthly Usage limit. Until today.

I had 38 image files selected in the Finder, and did a right-click > Open With, intending to open them in Preview... Then, with one tiny slip of the mouse, I accidently select Evernote instead.

If there's anyway to stop them from opening at that point, I certainly don't know it. So, I had to sit and wait, while each and every image opened in a new note — and used up every last bit of my Monthly Usage! And, of course, you know that this would happen with 27 days left in the cycle.

So, now my options are either: A) Pay for an Upgrade to the Premium version; B) Wait almost a month before I can create/edit notes again. All because of 38 images that I didn't even want added to Evernote in the first place?

Don't get me wrong — I'm not trying to bash Evernote, scold the developers, or anything like that... I know they can't account for every human-error under the sun! And, honestly, a Premium Subscription is surprisingly affordable; I can probably justify the expense at this point, given how much I've come to rely on it. Still, it would be great if there was a better way to avoid — or at least correct — these kind of mistakes in future updates. I wish I was upgrading because I wanted to, not because I have to!

Thanks for the replies. I had been considering upgrading for a while, so I'll probably go ahead and do a one-month, and if it seems worthwhile after that I'll go for the full year. Like I said, it's more so just bothersome that I'm doing out of necessity instead of choice. So, I wanted to throw the thought out there, since it's such and easy mistake to make — I can't imagine I'm the only one in Evernote history! B)

Did you have the auto sync on? I started with that but found that I was almost over my limit, premium user, so I turned it off. My guess is, if you had it turned off, you would've caught it in time to delete the newly created notes BEFORE they were synced. Anybody know if I'm correct in this assumption? I know this won't help in this case but could be useful for you and others in the future.

Did you have the auto sync on? I started with that but found that I was almost over my limit, premium user, so I turned it off. My guess is, if you had it turned off, you would've caught it in time to delete the newly created notes BEFORE they were synced. Anybody know if I'm correct in this assumption?

I think that would only be helpful if the user was paying attention to the note sizes. IE, user could have loaded up 75 mb of notes then clicked 'sync'.

My (low tech) suggestion would have been, when the OP realized what was going on, to take down internet connection. (IE unplug cable, turn off WIFI, etc.) Then he/she could have let EN open all the notes (if they didn't know a way to stop that), then delete those notes before bringing internet connection back up.

Archived