Adjust page margins for viewing clipped articles for Windows or IPAD

Is there a way to adjust the margin size for clipped simplified articles either while in firefox or while reading in Windows evernote?

The amount of white space makes it very difficult to read.  I can zoom in on the window but the text size increases significantly.  I'd like to be able to have margins similar to the second screen shot with the original text size.  I've also tried reading it on my IPAD and when I try to zoom in with my fingers, it'll stay 1/10 times, 9/10 times it snaps back to the original margin.  Love the web clipper function but it makes for very difficult reading. 

I would like to be able to manually adjust the margins in some way while keeping the text size at the original size.

PS - this message is scaling my screenshots.

image.thumb.png.b4f4b4c9d73553ea877c7dd2cf58615b.png

image.thumb.png.6fadd177a08182d5734131ab5f08af43.png

• 3 months later...

I have an analogous problem.  I often import a text that was originally published in narrow column format, eg from a newslaper, and the column remains narrow even after simplifying the text itself.  I can't find any settings for margin.  have tried to make it visible so that I could just drag it to the right but that doesn't seem to work.

• Level 5*
44 minutes ago, marynottom@gmail.com said:

I have an analogous problem.  I often import a text that was originally published in narrow column format, eg from a newslaper, and the column remains narrow even after simplifying the text itself.  I can't find any settings for margin.  have tried to make it visible so that I could just drag it to the right but that doesn't seem to work.

If it's only text you need - rather than the image(s) and layout shown by the OP - the easiest way to get rid of the column format is to paste the content into a plain text editor like Windows Notepad first,  then copy and paste from there into a note. It's possible to do that by copying from a note into Notepad and then replacing the content too.

Simplify Formatting isn't going to remove columns - Remove Formatting (possibly more than once) may do the job,  but I find copying into and out of Notepad is easier and quicker than messing around with the original note formatting.

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, marynottom@gmail.com said:

You can copy/paste into a new note using paste and match style.  You will get margin to margin but you lose any other formatting and paragraph breaks.  FWIW.