How to get in-line / multi-column text and images?

whoami1

Idea

I am attempting to be able to write in a "two column" setup, where I can have an image in one "column" and text along side it in another.  So far I have seen this with the evernote webclipper when you save a site as a bookmark.  It creates a thumbnail of the site and then puts the URL and description along side it.  I noticed that you can add your own text in the two column setup this creates (see attached).

I cant seem to figure out how to replicate this in evernote without using the webclipper.  The closest I have come is writing text after an image (which only puts it on the bottom line), or using a table.  Ideally I would like to have the 2 column setup without using a table, just like what the web clipper is accomplishing.

Screen Shot 2020-04-02 at 4.10.39 PM.png

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5

Hi, @whoami1, and welcome to the forums. Which platform are you working on (Web, Windows desktop, Mac desktop, Android, iOS, etc.)? As @jefito says, tables are the way to do this, and the Web clipper is probably creating tables in the process you describe. The experience I have is that the Web beta and the Windows desktop program are able to create and manipulate tables fairly well, Android not at all; I don't know about Mac/iOS.

I am on mac.  I don't think this is a table as it doesn't have any of the borders and markup associated with tables.  Ideally I would like to avoid tables as they have borders/lines and don't auto-resize to accommodate text and images.