IOS 13, lock screen and Evernote closure or task switching

I use Evernote to log items throughout my day or as I am working tasks. Occasionally I need to put my iPhone down and lock the screen to prevent errant input. When I unlock my device, Evernote has minimized and generally closed my note. Why?

Additionally if I have to switch to another app and return to Evernote the cursor has returned to the top of the note. 

I don't have any other app that performs this way. It's so interrupting to my work flow that it's now becoming a nuisance - especially as I find more use for the app.

I have searched and find no answers to this, just suggestions to limit the size of my note or turn off auto lock. However if I do, how do I merge notes or prevent errant input?

Thanks in advance for your input. 

• Level 5*

Hi.  I'm not an iPhone user,  so no constructive help;  but a slight change to process might assist - it is possible to merge notes on a desktop,  so if your notes on Project A all had that name as a tag,  it would be easy to find a number of short notes on the topic later,  and merge them together.

• Level 5

The iOS app currently is in need for an update. iOS13 does not reflect either, like there can't be 2 sessions of the app be open at one time in split view.

The new iOS EN experience will probably come when the new editor is ready to launch. Until then the forum has several threads about exactly the behavior you describe. Part of it is related to iOS, which does not make it better. On example is that the new iOS is more restrictive about apps parked in the background. It is said that this is due to better battery lifetime by preventing dormant apps from consuming too much power.

So it is now up to EN to improve on this.