Hi, when I exported my notebook it split into several enex files.  When I come to import, do I need to import all the files seperately or does it know to pickup all of the split files without user intervention? thnx

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, CalS said:

Memory is failing here, but I think you have to import the ENEX's one by one.  You should be able to test without any issues.

That's what I recall as well.

Generally speaking, exporting to Evernote format (.enex) should probably be on a notebook-by-notebook basis, as notebook is not preserved in the .enex format.

7 hours ago, jefito said:

That's what I recall as well.

Generally speaking, exporting to Evernote format (.enex) should probably be on a notebook-by-notebook basis, as notebook is not preserved in the .enex format.

Thanks.   10+ years on and the elephant is a dinosaur. How sad ...but I'm finally giving up. It just never really got there. Always had amazing promise but lost it's way somewhere.  BooHoo (really!)

• Level 5*
On 2/6/2020 at 6:54 AM, fred2112 said:

Thanks.   10+ years on and the elephant is a dinosaur. How sad ...but I'm finally giving up. It just never really got there. Always had amazing promise but lost it's way somewhere.  BooHoo (really!)

Of course you can use the Evernote provided ENScript utility (https://dev.evernote.com/doc/articles/enscript.php#enscript) to import multiple notebooks in an orderly way, provided you also apply a little Windows batch command prowess. Something like the following would be a pretty good start:

for %a in (*.enex) do enscript importnotes /s %a /n "%~na"

• Level 5*
On 2/6/2020 at 4:54 AM, fred2112 said:

Interesting bit of function to push you over the edge.  I started using Backupery some time back.  Automatically exports all notebooks each night in the wee hours.  Each notebook is contained in one ENEX no matter the size.  I keep seven versions.  FWIW.