Webclipper not working with Chrome

Terp66

Idea

Went to clip a website today.  Signed into Evernote webclipper (Version: 7.12.3.4-780394b) on Chrome. The elephant turned green, but when I click on it, nothing happens. Windows 10 Pro.  Anyone else suddenly having issues with Webclipper?

6 replies to this idea

Same here - web clipper version 7.12.3.4-780394b

In my case - Chrome Beta Version 80.0.3987.42 (Official Build) beta (64-bit)

In the web clipper logs:

2020\1\14 10:49:12 LOG Account logged out: r:{"errorCode":5,"parameter":"authenticationToken"}

2020\1\14 10:49:13 WRN Could not login while handling browser action. Error: Cannot read property 'isBusiness' of null TypeError: Cannot read property 'isBusiness' of null at Object.generateUserCD (chrome-extension://pioclpoplcdbaefihamjohnefbikjilc/commons.js:26:105011) at chrome-extension://pioclpoplcdbaefihamjohnefbikjilc/commons.js:26:118562

Going to revert to a previous version of the clipper and see if it helps...

Web Clipper not working using Chrome Version 80.0.3987.39 (Official Build) beta (64-bit) on a Asus Chromebox 3.

The clipper extension icon displays green. when I click to clip something a dialog box very briefly appears and then disappears that states I am successfully logged in. Then another dialog box appears that states "Evernote Web Clipper uses cookies to identify your account. Check your browser settings to make sure third-party cookies are accepted from Evernote." I have check and the settings are correct.

I cleared cache and cookies, and removed and reinstalled the extensions. The problem still repeats itself in the same manner.

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, Mike Amico said:

Web Clipper not working using Chrome Version 80.0.3987.39 (Official Build) beta (64-bit) on a Asus Chromebox 3.

The clipper extension icon displays green. when I click to clip something a dialog box very briefly appears and then disappears that states I am successfully logged in. Then another dialog box appears that states "Evernote Web Clipper uses cookies to identify your account. Check your browser settings to make sure third-party cookies are accepted from Evernote." I have check and the settings are correct.

I cleared cache and cookies, and removed and reinstalled the extensions. The problem still repeats itself in the same manner.

Hi - have you tried a browser or a system restart?  A different browser to see whether this is broader than just a Chrome issue?  If the answer to both is 'yes' and you still have the issue I'd suggest reaching out to Support as you're a subscriber.

18 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi - have you tried a browser or a system restart?  A different browser to see whether this is broader than just a Chrome issue?  If the answer to both is 'yes' and you still have the issue I'd suggest reaching out to Support as you're a subscriber.

I did restart and the issue was not present on a staff computer using W10. After I posted here I noticed that another unrelated app was throwing up errors in a similar fashion complaining about signing in, I figured it must be a chrome issue. I powerwashed the chromebox and switched to the stable channel, I was using beta, this fixed the issue on both apps. Chrome devs must be trying something different regarding signing into apps that that is causing havoc. 

• Like 1