MANAGING MY ACCOUNTS / APPLE NUMBERS

Hopefully not too daft a question, regarding managing my Accounts.  So I have over 1000 receipts... scanned into Evernote.  They are in the eight or so expenses categories I have. [Repairs/renewals / Heat and light etc, etc].  These eight categories are my "Notebooks".   Hoping this is correct(?).   Is there an easy way to create a numbers spreadsheet, to give to my Accountant??      Kindest thanks for your help.   Steve 

• Level 5*

Hi.  Short answer - I don't think so.  There may be a way to use Scripting to extract the data from your notes,  but there's no Evernote option to do so.  You could sit down and go through each category/ notebook and list out the amounts manually,  or you could create a Table of Contents note listing the notes in that notebook - with links to each note - and add the numbers to that ToC note,  or you could just share the notebooks with your accountant and let them do all the work...

How to create a table of contents with links to other notes

Share notebooks

• Level 5*
On 11/4/2019 at 10:50 PM, SteveTracey said:

Is there an easy way to create a numbers spreadsheet, to give to my Accountant??

I like working with my data in a spreadsheet
I use an applescript (Mac) to transfer data from Evernote, but copy/paste works
The spreadsheet maintains hyperlinks back to the Evernote notes

I make sure the note title has complete information;
for example   2019/11/02 Receipt ?Vndr-Walmart !Budget-EntertainmentGeneral  [Calligraphy Pen] $-6.83
This is easily parsed in a spreadsheet 650902748_ScreenShot2019-11-05at07_50_46.png.d024303081de2ed5d8cf4893b8494ce8.png

>>They are in the eight or so expenses categories I have. [Repairs/renewals / Heat and light etc, etc].  These eight categories are my "Notebooks". 

I use tags to identify Budget, Vendor, ...

Thank you so much for that. Evernote has helped me so very much.., that I find it hard to complain about anything.
But as an afterthought ...  May I ask do you know if there is a easy way to move multiple notes from one notebook to another...  without doing each note individually?   Thanks again.  Steve

• Level 5*
3 minutes ago, SteveTracey said:

Thank you so much for that. Evernote has helped me so very much.., that I find it hard to complain about anything.
But as an afterthought ...  May I ask do you know if there is a easy way to move multiple notes from one notebook to another...  without doing each note individually?   Thanks again.  Steve

If you're working on Evernote desktop,  selecting multiple notes should allow you to drag and drop them to a new notebook,  or you can use an additional menu that pops up to Move the notes.

• Level 5*
13 hours ago, SteveTracey said:

do you know if there is a easy way to move multiple notes from one notebook to another...  without doing each note individually?

On my Mac, selecting multiple notes displays this box for moving notes1045168073_ScreenShot2019-11-05at07_56_59.png.c405752e41cba50a807c209b6877529d.png