Unable to change Created date on notes

I've just moved from the Windows version to Mac and have a workflow that relies on changing the Created date.

From what I've read, this should be possible on the "Note Details", but it doesn't work for me. I can see the Created and Updated dates in the Note Details window, but if I change anything in those fields and hit return/tab, I get a beep and the date/time changes back to its previous value. I can change the note title, add tags etc in that window and that works OK.

Any ideas?

Version 7.11 (457846 Direct)
Editor: 69.1.8237 (1f0aea9)

• Level 5

Maybe this is due to the different structure of the database between Windows and Mac.

On Windows, EN rests in a database. Here, changing the date is changing a database entry.

On a Mac, there is a folder-structure, with each note comprising a folder with several files. Probably changing this property of a folder or file is prohibited by the OS.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Paul Eagle said:

I can see the Created and Updated dates in the Note Details window, but if I change anything in those fields and hit return/tab, I get a beep and the date/time changes back to its previous value. I can change the note title, add tags etc in that window and that works OK.

Can you post a screenshot
This is the window I use to change Created Date. No problem changing the value
            1972373202_ScreenShot2019-07-18at06_02_48.png.ce18c52b0b38b583db18f9911f2101f7.png

Thanks for the reply @DTLow. That's the window I'm using too. I can change the values, but when I hit return or tab, they just reset to the original values (and it beeps). Sounds like it works for you though - curious.

I did a default install from evernote.com and everything else seems to work - all my notes have synced to the machine, I can create new notes etc. Seems unlikely there's a permissions problem @PinkElephant?

• Level 5*
7 minutes ago, Paul Eagle said:

I can change the values

What are the specific values are you changing from/to
My example was changing from Jul 18, 2019 at 06:01 to Jul 5, 2019 at 06:01

I think I've "solved" it. I had changed my long date format (System Preferences->Languages & Region) to be YYYYMMDD.  When I look at my Note Details it shows in that format - eg "20190718 at 14:00", but it seems to be unable to parse any changes to the date in that format (hence the beep and reverting to the original time/date).

I changed back to the system default format so Evernote now shows the dates in the format "18 July 2019 at 14:00" and I can change them!

So not ideal (and really a bug) but at least I can change them now. Now I need to find another way to get Cmd-Shift-D to insert a usable (and sortable) date format!

Thanks for the pointers.

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5*
2 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

On Windows, EN rests in a database. Here, changing the date is changing a database entry.

On a Mac, there is a folder-structure, with each note comprising a folder with several files

On Macs, there's a database for the metadata called LocalNoteStore.sqlite

• Level 5*
42 minutes ago, Paul Eagle said:

Now I need to find another way to get Cmd-Shift-D to insert a usable (and sortable) date format!

We can work on that55984986_ScreenShot2019-07-18at06_33_51.png.8ffdd560c553eef35ec7dc9b80b9ffd6.png

I use Evernote > Preferences to set the format
The selection   2074213775_ScreenShot2019-07-18at06_34_13.png.fd91281a7ef5516b750a5666ce8cffbe.png

is driven by Mac > System Preferences
364970520_ScreenShot2019-07-18at06_37_45.png.867da7b397ddb7a33adf5e97e9a92d3b.png >